Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2011, 04:34 PM

Re: Muggy Monday

Well it's muggy here too. The atmosphere is is heavy and humid like it could be building up to a thunderstorm .I hope so I love a good thunderstorm as long as I am not out somewhere getting caught in it. It would liven up an otherwise fairly ordinary day.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2011, 04:37 PM

Brave woman, rueben; thunderstorms are scary, scary scary! I cower and count the time between the lightning and thunder, praying that it's moving away .......
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2011, 05:12 PM

Dandysmom I've been at your side of the pond and witnessed a couple of electrical thunderstorms whilst there. One time we where on the beach in the Gulf of Mexico at a place called Treasure Island when it all kicked off. Everyone was instructed to evacuate the beach by officials which is something that doesn't happen here. The continuous rumbling and cracking of the thunder and lightening was very dramatic to say the least but exiting at the same time. I must admit our thunderstorms are not in the same league
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2011, 05:45 PM

Thanks, rueben, that makes me feel slightly less of a wimp.....
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2011, 09:35 PM

Muggy day here as well-few showers, but nothing to shout about-didn't need to water flower pots tonight though.

Usual sort of day, household jobs, walking with my friend and her dogs, then visiting my Niece and her two little ones-nice way to spend an afternoon
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

01-08-2011, 10:20 PM

Sounds peaceful,merz, aren't you glad you've retired?
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2011, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Sounds peaceful,merz, aren't you glad you've retired?
Best decision I've ever made Eileen-never had any regrets. It's wonderful to get up in a morning and think the whole day is mine to do what I want to do, and if I don't want to do anything but relax, that's exactly what I do
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

01-08-2011, 11:37 PM

So well put, my sentiments exactly. Wonderful, but then, I think we earned it, don't you?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top