Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2019, 11:32 AM

Re: Couple on train

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Well sorry but if the train was crowded and we'd found seats I'd have stayed put when confronted by a young woman with kids.

Nice try Todger. We all know you wouldn't. Anyway the seats were pre-booked so if you were in my pre-booked seat you would be moving, along with any one else.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2019, 11:35 AM

Apparently the family were put into first class which is great for them but it didn't solve the problem of the two old mules. The inspector should have chucked them off at the next station (or before).
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2019, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

Nice try Todger. We all know you wouldn't. Anyway the seats were pre-booked so if you were in my pre-booked seat you would be moving, along with any one else.
Wrong. I really would not have moved and would use my age as the basis of my refusal.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

26-10-2019, 12:16 PM

Wrong. I really would not have moved and would use my age as the basis of my refusal.
Maybe not for a woman with children but you would for me.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2019, 12:17 PM

Why should I, or rather we put ourselves out for the sake of a much younger woman and her clutch of brats.

Seriously.

The train was obviously full and so if we had given up the seats where would we have sat?

Fair enough...I find mothers with pushchairs very annoying ...they look at me,as if it's their right that I move out of their way.

Yeah right!!......
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2019, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Maybe not for a woman with children but you would for me.

I bet he wouldn't!...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

26-10-2019, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I bet he wouldn't!...
Well luckily, it's never gonna happen.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

26-10-2019, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Fair enough...I find mothers with pushchairs very annoying ...they look at me,as if it's their right that I move out of their way.

Yeah right!!......
I agree, it's not a given that we should give up our seats for mothers or indeed stubborn old fogeys but if the seats are booked, that's a different story.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

26-10-2019, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
What do you think of the elderly couple on the train ?

A woman with three children and bags had reserved seats on a train which a elderly couple took and refused to give up .

From the looks of them they weren’t that elderly and I can imagine the chagrin of a woman with three young children trying to spread her children about the carriage .

Despite the price of tickets it’s often a bun fight on trains to get a seat and the trip was quite long .

Selfish old pair give us oldies a bad name .

https://news.yahoo.com/pregnant-moth...183552292.html

Are the seats numbered?

Otherwise how would she have known they were her seats?

I can not believe,that she posted this on social media site.

Such a trivial thing to happen....IMO.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2019, 12:58 PM

I read this the other day and felt the ‘elderly’ couple were in the wrong. The seats were reserved and they should have moved when the woman and her children boarded the train.

Why do some of us older people think that once we have reached a certain age that we have a right over others to push in and grab all that’s going?

I occasionally catch a bus and it’s the old women (probably my age!) that push in to be on the bus first. They are usually the ones, who say, ‘Thank You Driver’ as they get off. I really cringe at that.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top