Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2020, 02:18 PM

Re: Have you got ''ALEXA'' in your home?

Hi

I have both Alexa and Google.

Since my son has been home, usage has increased greatly.

Smart Meter next week, so I will be even more integrated.

I have a smart TV, never used it all until Guy arrived.

Now I watch just about everything, everywhere.

He has banned certain things, such as Ring, but for less than £50 I have full CCTV coverage.

Full motion sensor light bulbs, so any break in sends an alert.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2020, 02:22 PM

Swim can you recommend a good CcTv system?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2020, 02:28 PM

No I don't need or want anything so annoying...
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2020, 02:51 PM

Absolutely no way. It's. Too easy to hack.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2020, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

He has banned certain things, such as Ring, but for less than £50 I have full CCTV coverage.

Full motion sensor light bulbs, so any break in sends an alert.
Is there a CCTV system you would recommend?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2020, 03:00 PM

My son has Alexa....I love her...not that's it's a "she"...I use her for music,a lot....she has a vast amount of information,just ask a question,she usually knows the answer....I find her great company....you can actually have a laugh with her as well.

The problem I have....she is probably (or they) are listening in to our conversation..lol.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2020, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Hi Emjay, Now there's another thing - Firesticks. I haven't a clue what they are or what they are for. I know I should with having dozens of young members of family living so close, but it is just one thing I've never taken the time to find out about.

What is a firestick please and what is it used for?
A firestick is a device that plugs into your smart TV and allows you to access various pay TV and other things. Also if you know how, you can program it it get FREE recent films and other things.
Nah not me guv. Now I would not do that would I?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2020, 03:12 PM

I keep meaning to leave a message on my mate's answerphone..... 'Alexa, keep playing Des O'connor, volume 10'
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2020, 03:21 PM

Yes I like my Alexa I also put one in my bedroom . I couldn't care less if anyone wants to listen into my house I've nothing interesting going on

I drop in on my sister in Surrey we chat using Alexa. My sister had a fall recently and worried that she may need help in the night so we have drop in on each others Alexa , if we need help we would tell each other. That way I could call her family or even an ambulance
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2020, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Yes I like my Alexa I also put one in my bedroom . I couldn't care less if anyone wants to listen into my house I've nothing interesting going on

I drop in on my sister in Surrey we chat using Alexa. My sister had a fall recently and worried that she may need help in the night so we have drop in on each others Alexa , if we need help we would tell each other. That way I could call her family or even an ambulance

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top