Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2020, 10:38 AM

Re: Good morning Saturday

Good morning from Foxy's world....
An early morning trip to Tesco for the fresh stuff and was surprised by the lack of a queue... Just as well really because it was overcast, windy and cold. Glad I didn't go in me shorts.

I've got a few bills to pay online this morning, then water the garden and pots, no rain here for ages...I had to make some covers for the pots because the blackbirds have been foraging around in them and chucked out nearly all of the peat!

I put up a new outside light the other day and being as I'm a stickler for discreet wiring thought I would send it up into the loft and drilled a hole in the brick assuming it would come out somewhere under the eaves.....
Well I've spent two days on it so far and God knows where the hole has disappeared to......... I will not be beaten, so I've put on my oldest tee shirt and shorts and am going for another crawl around among the joists and loft insulation and see if I can find it......I might be quite sometime!...

Wish Tony a happy birthday from me Carol.... And enjoy your walk...
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2020, 11:06 AM

Happy birthday to Tony, Carol.

I don't do jigsaws, used to, bought from car boots, but kept finding that pieces were missing so gave up. I think I still have a few Thelwell's somewhere.
Weather is dull & grey, we did get some proper rain yesterday, but my bush still looks as if it's dying.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2020, 04:24 PM

Afternoon peeps The rain has finally stopped around here. I looked out of my office window an hour ago and watched 2 WPC Plods walking down the road about 6" apart (Don't do as I do, etc). I wonder if they were checking to see if peeps were social distancing themselves from others?

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I put up a new outside light the other day and being as I'm a stickler for discreet wiring thought I would send it up into the loft and drilled a hole in the brick assuming it would come out somewhere under the eaves.....
Well I've spent two days on it so far and God knows where the hole has disappeared to......... I will not be beaten, so I've put on my oldest tee shirt and shorts and am going for another crawl around among the joists and loft insulation and see if I can find it......I might be quite sometime!...
Try opening up a wire coat hanger, tying something white to the end and poking that through the hole from the outside. Then go up into your loft with a blue or UV torch and shine that around. The white cloth or whatever will stand out.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2020, 06:10 PM

Thanks to everybody who wished Tony a Happy Birthday. He's had a nice day in spite of everything and some nice presents including a frying pan & some braces to hold his trousers up! lol Also clothing, DVD's a jigsaw puzzle plus lots & lots of chocolate.

All the kids came to see him but we sat outside on the patio & had a chat while observing social distancing.

Unfortunately daughter Karen couldn't get me the ingredients I needed from Sainsbury's to make him a nice birthday meal so we're having fish fingers & chips tonight.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2020, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Afternoon peeps The rain has finally stopped around here. I looked out of my office window an hour ago and watched 2 WPC Plods walking down the road about 6" apart (Don't do as I do, etc). I wonder if they were checking to see if peeps were social distancing themselves from others?

Try opening up a wire coat hanger, tying something white to the end and poking that through the hole from the outside. Then go up into your loft with a blue or UV torch and shine that around. The white cloth or whatever will stand out.
Thanks Percy, that's a good idea..... I did manage to find it later today and completed the wiring, I'm just waiting until it gets dark to take Mrs Fox out to show her my handywork..... Fingers crossed it works....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top