Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2020, 10:40 AM

Re: Tempers frayed

My temper didn't fray but, a couple of days ago, after a middle-aged male customer took ages to process his shopping through a local supermarket checkout, idly chatting to the (temporary) female assistant, whose replies were just as inconsequential, while a queue built up behind me and the queue outside was getting longer, I gave up glaring and unapologetically broke into their forgettable repartee to ask whether their conversation would finish in time for me to get home for lunch .....

I'm normally patient and polite, too ....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2020, 11:39 AM

I just wobble around my local Tesco using my trolley to ward off any would be rule breakers, there are one or two who disregard the rules and come scurrying past at close quarters, I just hold my breath and turn away until they are gone. I try not to focus on the situation or get annoyed, it just puts you in a bad frame of mind for the rest of the day.....

And may I remind Todger, that blokes who have 'Inadequate Genitalia' are not all inconsiderate.....
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2020, 11:54 AM

I think we all interpret these virus warnings and guidelines differently. It's impossible to visit a supermarket and stay two metres away from everyone all of the time. Sometimes it's nearer half a metre. I believe two metres to be an exaggerated, extra precautious distance.

And Checkout should not be dealing with this type of query, the customer should be referred to Customer Services, someone with training in diplomacy, not headbuts as in the "Retaliate First........" thread.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2020, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I think we all interpret these virus warnings and guidelines differently. It's impossible to visit a supermarket and stay two metres away from everyone all of the time. Sometimes it's nearer half a metre. I believe two metres to be an exaggerated, extra precautious distance.

And Checkout should not be dealing with this type of query, the customer should be referred to Customer Services, someone with training in diplomacy, not headbuts as in the "Retaliate First........" thread.
Yep.....This.....^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^....
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2020, 12:44 PM

It reminds me of that horrible man who was screaming at me in the fish shop queue because he felt i was too near him,. All that man had to do to was take a step back from me and it could have been avoided. I tried my best to social distance but he was stood behind my car so it was difficult to get past him.

It was the worst experience I've ever endured and i wish someone had come to my rescue, it was very distressing for me too.

Personally summer i think the staff acted correctly, he could have caused possibly more problems.

The supermarket staff have enough stress to deal with, they get shouted at and they are risking their lives jus so we can eat. Its not fair on them.

Xxx
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2020, 01:43 PM

My daughter was working as the door receptionist at an M&S food store a couple of weeks ago. Along came a slightly elderly lady who walked straight past the queue and asked my daughter if she could be provided with a chair as she felt tired. My daughter explained politely that they didn't have any such provision (they do have a couple of comfy chairs in their locker room, but these would have been too heavy to move and the room is not meant for public usage), but as the day was warm and sunny she might wish to walk around 15 yards to the (closed)KFC and sit at one of the outside tables.

Not good enough for the lady, so the manager was called who said the same thing to the lady who proceeded to kick up more of a fuss. The manager also explained that while she remained in the store, other customers were being held up. Moreover, the lady freely admitted that she had only entered the shop for a sit down and had no intention of actually buying anything, so she wasn't even a customer.

The lady eventually went away and walked right past the KFC tables. Obviously not quite so tired then!!

She even bothered to call head office to complain about this. Head office confirmed that my daughter and the manager acted properly, and congratulated them on their courtesy and professionalism in their dealing with such a selfish cantankerous old bat (my words, not theirs!!).
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2020, 02:30 PM

They should put motion sensors into all the trolleys and baskets that beep or say "keep your distance" whenever anyone with another basket or trolley gets too close.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2020, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
My temper didn't fray but, a couple of days ago, after a middle-aged male customer took ages to process his shopping through a local supermarket checkout, idly chatting to the (temporary) female assistant, whose replies were just as inconsequential, while a queue built up behind me and the queue outside was getting longer, I gave up glaring and unapologetically broke into their forgettable repartee to ask whether their conversation would finish in time for me to get home for lunch .....

I'm normally patient and polite, too ....
He may have been lonely. Many are missing human contact and the only opportunity they can chat is at the supermarket checkout.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2020, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
They should put motion sensors into all the trolleys and baskets that beep or say "keep your distance" whenever anyone with another basket or trolley gets too close.
If we all had an app on our phones that beeped when we came within 1.5 meter of others, preventing we could come too close, we wouldn't need that app that afterwards informs us if we've been in the vicinity of a corona patient.
1.5 meters is our social distancing, you use 2 meters.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2020, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We are where we are.

The vast majority of us are following the rules and socially distancing

Some are not, they are divided into two groups.

Those with mental health problems who simply do not understand.

Nice people and I can excuse them, they simply do not understand what is going on.

Jacob is Autistic, normality is important to him.

He cannot understand why he he cannot come to mine every week, have a McDonald and mess around with my car.

The others are those who choose not to, the druggie next door, the prats who spit on Police Officers and Nurses..

One I have sympathy for, the others I do not.
My four sons are autistic. They normally avoid physical contact with others. Social distancing cannot go on long enough for them, they love it.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top