Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2009, 08:39 PM

Re: Anyone got tinnitus?

Workers using loud machines like jack hammers or driving heavy diesel machinery must also wear ear protection.
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2009, 09:14 PM

Mags - I've heard about the Bristol hum and how it 'makes' people do 'stuff'

Now that does explain a lot!!!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2009, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Moli ->
Mags - I've heard about the Bristol hum and how it 'makes' people do 'stuff'

Now that does explain a lot!!!
Trust Azz to put words into your mouth Moli!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2009, 09:48 PM

Lol, do tell... what's Mags been up to Moli?
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2009, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Lol, do tell... what's Mags been up to Moli?
I feel a bit bad now, I did not realise it was the Bristol Hum that made Mags so dopey.....I do apologise Mrs M....
Calismum
Scotland
Calismum is female  Calismum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2009, 10:04 PM

Knew someone a few years back who suffered quite badly from tinitus, he used to work in engineering and put it down to the constant exposure to the noise of heavy machines.

He got very depressed at times. I'm sure he said he went to bed with some sort of radio playing white noise??? This was to help him sleep.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2009, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
That's interesting Azz

I have tinnitus which for me is a ringing noise in just one ear. It seems to be worse some days than others and is of course accentuated by silence.

I don't notice it for a lot of the time because my radio is on for most of the day .

I suffer from this in one ear about 20 years ago for at least a year before it cleared up, as you say if you listen to any audio you don't notice it.

I know how it started.

Was in my local club, the steward was a loud talker, I was standing opposite him at the bar I turned my head to the left and at the same time he shouted to some one across the club I had a searing pain in my right ear.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2009, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
You might have too much ear wax Alicat If you didn't have an ear infection or wasn't subjected to some loud noise - I would ask your GP to check your ears for wax
Actually I didn't mention that I did go to the doc's about it and he did look down my ears and said there is some wax down there and that I had to put some oil down them. I haven't got around to it yet but I will have to get around to doing it
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2009, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Calismum ->
Knew someone a few years back who suffered quite badly from tinitus, he used to work in engineering and put it down to the constant exposure to the noise of heavy machines.

He got very depressed at times. I'm sure he said he went to bed with some sort of radio playing white noise??? This was to help him sleep.
The large petro-chemical company I worked for had compulsory audiometric (good one for the word thread) tests every year for us, they insisted that workers in noisy areas wore ear defenders.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2009, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Was in my local club, the steward was a loud talker, I was standing opposite him at the bar I turned my head to the left and at the same time he shouted to some one across the club I had a searing pain in my right ear.
This happened to me once. Had a bonfire in the back garden and all the neighbours were round. One of them had a bit too much to drink and was trying to tell me something, he just shouted right into my ear and it actually 'hurt' !!!!!!! I wanted to punch him

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top