Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2020, 10:02 PM

Re: What do you find charming ?

Courtesy/good manners, sense of humour, gentleness.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2020, 10:04 PM

Charming?
My children and grand children.

This rescued from my shed.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2020, 10:11 PM

I can only respond with examples..for me. I can't define charming. Too subjective. The following I find charming -Charming to me means engaging, entertaining, substantial, "cool", intelligent, well mannered, memorable, classy etc. (Sexy and alluring etc are different things.)
What makes a person charming?..A sense of humour. Being able to listen and not just talk about themselves. Generosity and kindness. INtelligence and knowledge without arrogance. Good manners. I find all those things very charming in anybody.

The following random famous people are just a few whom I find charming and define for me what the word means. Things?..Great jazz and blues played by seasoned and competent musos. Watching a graceful and talented surfer. Stories of great achievement in the face of adversity.

Michelle Obama..and Barack
Jacinda Ardern
Jodie Foster
Kylie Minogue
Cate Blanchett
Margot Robbie
NIcole Kidman
Tina Arena
Kate Winslet
Stephen Fry
Brad Pitt
Diana Krall
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2020, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I can only respond with examples..for me. I can't define charming. Too subjective. The following I find charming -Charming to me means engaging, entertaining, substantial, "cool", intelligent, well mannered, memorable, classy etc. IT has nothing to do with the perceived talent or popular appeal of the person, thing etc (Sexy and alluring etc are different things.)

The following random famous people are just a few whom I find charming and define for me what the word means. Things?..Great jazz and blues played by seasoned and competent musos. Watching a graceful and talented surfer. Stories of great achievement in the face of adversity.

Michelle Obama..and Barack
Jacinda Ardern
Jodie Foster
Kylie Minogue
Cate Blanchett
Margot Robbie
NIcole Kidman
Tina Arena
Kate Winslet
Stephen Fry
Brad Pitt
Diana Krall
Such eloquence! I changed my mind about you Australians, whoever said you’re an arrogant lot hasn’t met you.
Don’t push your luck though cause we’re still better than you are at Rugby and cricket!
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2020, 10:45 PM

Courtesy/good manners, sense of humour, gentleness.

Couldn't sum it up any better myself, ST.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2020, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Charming?
My children and grand children.
This rescued from my shed.
Why was she locked in your shed?
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2020, 10:49 PM

I can't think of anything or anyone. I think I'm past being charmed.

I hear Prince had a lot going for him.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2020, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Why was she locked in your shed?
She?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2020, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
She?
No need to start singing Charles Aznavour songs.

OK, he then?
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2020, 11:25 PM

Charming, when I attach that adjective, is a person who doesn't know they are doing anything special, acting out of the ordinary, but the way they offer up an ear, respectfully comment, or respond to a comment or action, without realizing the impact it makes to the observer....the observer being ME!

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top