Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 07:59 PM

Re: Fog

Originally Posted by plantman ->
You think that's bad, when it came the time to pay for some new furniture this afternoon I gave the assistant my library card.....
Oh Barry, sounds like it's all downhill from now on!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 08:16 PM

I know I wouldn't remember the number, so I let my Wife handle that side of things for me, she can remember her first tooth.
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
You think that's bad, when it came the time to pay for some new furniture this afternoon I gave the assistant my library card.....
Just before Christmas I was going to town & instead of showing my Bus Pass I showed my visa card The driver asked "Whats that for luv" OOPS.
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 10:47 PM

I hate using the hole in the wall, or paying by card in shops, so unless i have my other half with me i pay cash

Apart from buying online i prefer cash
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 10:57 PM

I know you're not supposed to but I have the number written down somewhere so I can quickly read it if I'm out and can't remember it.

Well what else can you do, you're going to be really stuck if youre in a supermarket queue with a trolly full of shopping and you can't remember you're card number.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 11:02 PM

I don't particularly like using the ATM either, because these days you have to make sure you cover up with one hand while you enter your PIN.

Whenever I can, I use the cash-back facility in the stores.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 11:31 PM

Jean, I've done that a few times. On a couple of occasions the ATM has swallowed my card, even though I was convinced I'd keyed in the right PIN! That was a nuisance, as had to wait 5 working days for a new card, so if I wanted any cash, had to go to Bank with a cheque.

I can remember the long card no., my account no. and sort code, so why not 4 numbers???:
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 11:36 PM

Gosh what a lot we are it seems the abnormal people may be those who can remember their numbers
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2012, 10:00 AM

In which case Meg darlin', I'm unusual!!! - I can reel off my PIN number, my National Insurance Number and my Hospital identity number without thinking about them. I can also reel off long-ditance 'phone numbers even though I haven't used those numbers for some weeks.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2012, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
In which case Meg darlin', I'm unusual!!! - I can reel off my PIN number, my National Insurance Number and my Hospital identity number without thinking about them. I can also reel off long-ditance 'phone numbers even though I haven't used those numbers for some weeks.
Uncle Joe perhaps its a 'man thing' then , women have a lot of other important details to fill their minds with so there is less room for inconsequential numbers

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top