Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 11:47 AM

Re: I've got one eye bigger than the other.

Around the eyes is a very sensitive area and puffyness around the eyes, or one eye, is usually a result of an allergy or problems with the liver, kidneys or heart Carol. Since suffering with heart problems my eyes have become very puffy, with one eye being more puffy than the other. Also, my recent attack of gout suggests that my kidneys are not doing their job as well as they used to and this could also be having an effect on the soft tissue around the eyes.

This is one of my arguments about telephone consultations with your doctor. The human body contains many subtle signs as to its functioning, and previously during a consultation a doctor would quietly be examining things like puffyness around the eyes, the colour of the tissue around the eyes, hands and fingernails, the tongue and many other discrete changes to otherwise unaffected areas, while you were discussing your woes.

Is it because doctors are no longer trained to identify these subtle changes, or is it because usually medication does the trick, cures all ills, and can be administered over the phone. I think that this is a very valuable diagnostic tool that has been lost to the practitioner.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Do you know anybody with this problem - or got it yourself?
I don't think your eyes are different in size, it just looks like your left eyelid comes lower down. My right one does that when I'm not being alert, so it is like it most of the time.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I don't think your eyes are different in size, it just looks like your left eyelid comes lower down. My right one does that when I'm not being alert, so it is like it most of the time.
You should checkout Patrick Moore when he was around Harbal....

Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
You should checkout Patrick Moore when he was around Harbal....
If I have anything in common with him, I would rather not discover what it is. Foxy.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top