Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2012, 11:10 PM

Re: Ladies - Do you remember

The song or the shoe dye? lol
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2012, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Cassie ->
My mate told me I walked like a transvestite in them too lol
This made me laugh

My first pair were kitten heels too. They were chisel toed and green suede, I felt so grown up in them.
Bonny
UK
Bonny is female  Bonny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2012, 11:24 PM

I can't say I remember my first pair of high heels as my memory won't go back that far lol BUT I do look at them now and think....flipping eck I wouldn't get one toe in them now never mind the whole foot!!FGS how on earth did I get them on never mind walk in them and I laugh when I think of the time a friend wanted me to go on a hike with her.Now I believe I was the original Essex speciman as I wore the highest heels I had for...well gawd knows what reason lol and yes I remember going with her and her saying....ye having a laugh surely.But no I was serious!!!The only prob was the hike that was meant to be a 10 mile one was just 100 yards for meIt was in the middle of nowhere and I can still remember a farmer laughing and saying he had never seen anything so funny.....cheek!!!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2012, 11:32 PM

I was 15 when I had my first pair of high heels, it was summertime so I chose white ones I didn't dare wear them outdoors for 2 or 3 weeks though, I needed to practice walking in them indoors so I would look natural when outdoors!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2012, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Cassie ->
The song or the shoe dye? lol
The shoe dye, Cassie. Remember back in the 60s when colourful shoes were the fashion, and we'd dye our old shoes to bring them up to date? I had a pair of emerald green shoes, a pair of lilac ones and a pair of turquoise. I loved that Lady Esquire back then.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2012, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
The shoe dye, Cassie. Remember back in the 60s when colourful shoes were the fashion, and we'd dye our old shoes to bring them up to date? I had a pair of emerald green shoes, a pair of lilac ones and a pair of turquoise. I loved that Lady Esquire back then.
'Back in the 60s' I still dye mine now the dye smells horrid. I wanted some navy shoes so bought new beige leather ones on Ebay then dyed them blue.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2012, 11:45 PM

Lol I was in sensible brown in the 60's lol
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2012, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bonny ->
I can't say I remember my first pair of high heels as my memory won't go back that far lol BUT I do look at them now and think....flipping eck I wouldn't get one toe in them now never mind the whole foot!!FGS how on earth did I get them on never mind walk in them and I laugh when I think of the time a friend wanted me to go on a hike with her.Now I believe I was the original Essex speciman as I wore the highest heels I had for...well gawd knows what reason lol and yes I remember going with her and her saying....ye having a laugh surely.But no I was serious!!!The only prob was the hike that was meant to be a 10 mile one was just 100 yards for meIt was in the middle of nowhere and I can still remember a farmer laughing and saying he had never seen anything so funny.....cheek!!!
We walked up Snowdon in Wales once - a good few years ago now & we passed quite a few women walking up in High Heels. God knows how they did it
Bonny
UK
Bonny is female  Bonny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2012, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by Lynne55 ->
We walked up Snowdon in Wales once - a good few years ago now & we passed quite a few women walking up in High Heels. God knows how they did it
FGS......better women than me that's for sure!!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2012, 11:54 PM

I can't get hold of Lady Esquire these days. I think they still sell ordinary colours in the market, but I haven't been into town for a few years now.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top