Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 04:04 PM

Re: Religious stampede in Jerusalem !!

See if God was real, he would say "Listen guys, I know you love me and all that, but I want you all to stay safe....so lets not have a festival right now, eh? Just have a wee party with your family at home, and we will do the massive shingdig at another time"

But seriously, why can't people use common sense at a time like this? I'm so sorry that people have died, but c'mon....God won't hate you because you didn't have a festival.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
See if God was real, he would say "Listen guys, I know you love me and all that, but I want you all to stay safe....so lets not have a festival right now, eh? Just have a wee party with your family at home, and we will do the massive shingdig at another time"

But seriously, why can't people use common sense at a time like this? I'm so sorry that people have died, but c'mon....God won't hate you because you didn't have a festival.

Thing is that as with so much in Judaism tradition becomes more important than religion in the case of Joe Public.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I agree it is tragic, but I think that any religious festival should have been cancelled if so many people were likely to attend, so soon after them getting Covid under good control!
At Christmas in the UK, people were given a little more freedom but not enough to allow huge numbers of deaths, as may have happened if people were given total freedom too soon!

I know that people enjoy religious celebrations & everyone wants to be part of it...but if it was so important somebody should have placed restrictions on how many people could attend. What is the point of gathering to celebrate & then dying or being badly injured because too many people attended & were crushed?

I don't follow any religion but, if I did, I am sure I would not have put my well being at risk just to attend a celebration where such large numbers were likely to attend, especially so soon after fear of a life threatening pandemic had occured

That's probably the difference between Israel and UK Twink ?
There are far more religious fanatics there than here ??
Of both persuasions !!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Hasn't Israel vaccinated most if not all of its population even more efficiently than the UK?
They were CRUSHED to death Brucy ???

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Self inflicted RJG !!
especially during a pandemic ??
Looks like God has forsaken them ?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
No it wasn’t self inflicted Donkeyman, it was caused by a tragic accident.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 05:20 PM

what struck me is a notable absence of any women in the festivities as well as the funerals.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 05:21 PM

The covid distancing barriers are being blamed for the crush.
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
No it wasn’t self inflicted Donkeyman, it was caused by a tragic accident.
I agree.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Self inflicted RJG !!
especially during a pandemic ??
Looks like God has forsaken them ?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Serious question. Are you feeling OK today?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Serious question. Are you feeling OK today?
Hi
Accept it, given your totally unaccepting of others.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top