Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2012, 02:00 PM

Re: Saving on Heating Bills

I have raynauds so know what you mean about cold hands, wearing gloves makes my fingers go dead and then they turn navy blue, si like you Bobm i run them under the hot tap.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2012, 02:18 PM

I have a cheep way to keep warm feeling the cold more now since on blood thinners I put rice in a old pillow cover and zap in for 4 min its great
and cheep
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2012, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by pixie ->
I have a cheep way to keep warm feeling the cold more now since on blood thinners I put rice in a old pillow cover and zap in for 4 min its great
and cheep
Your idea brought back a memory from years ago. Does anyone remember the popularity of buckwheat pillow? I bought a couple of them and just loved their comfort. The idea being that they absorbed the heat from your head so that you don't sweat in the heat of Summer. They instantly molded themselves to your head, making them very comfortable.

http://www.originalbuckwheatpillows....tore_Sales.htm
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2012, 03:04 PM

I like the hat, Bob.... very sensible too having it to cover your ears.

Regarding keeping your hands warm, I was told years ago that wearing wrist bands (knitted or suchlike), can keep your hands warm without the need of wearing gloves. It may be worth a try, Bob. If my hands are cold, I tend to put my wrists under running water from the hot tap and they warm up in no time.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2012, 03:16 PM

Thanks all for the great suggestions. Fortunately, at 270 pounds, I'm pretty much self-insulating. Because I do occasionally ride my scooter in this Winter weather I come home chilled, even with the proper clothing and the advantage of heated handgrips. I keep my thermostat at 62F or 16C but when the wind picks up my leaky balcony door has so much cold air entering that it can get chilly. I'll survive just fine. If it got too cold I'd simply seal that wind leak with garbage bags and duct tape.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2012, 08:32 PM

get some rice in a pilow cover tie in knott zap for 4 min
been using this for over 5 years

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top