Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2012, 04:00 PM

Re: Eurovision

Sorry folks but cant stand either him or Tom Jones, although have to say TJ has improved with age and his hair is much better white. Hate the actual programme by the way, I am a real Grumpy gran arent I. Sorry will try harder!.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2012, 04:44 PM

Yes ...creepy and smarmy, good words to describe him. I never liked him either.
Just like Tom Jones they both cleared off to America...they can both stay there for all I care.
I think we will be a laughing stock, bringing back a 75yr old - how embarrassing
And I hate the way men dye their hair so dark, and wear wigs or hair pieces when they get older..don't they realise how stupid they look?
(this is in the Grumpy thread isn't it?)
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2012, 05:11 PM

Eurovision again, yawn, groan, grunt. Well it couldn't be any worse than the year we had a Turkey puppet represent us. As everybody now knows it's all political with all the Eastern block Countries scratching each others backs, these Islands don't stand a chance anymore.
Meg I do agree with you about Engelbert, 'Creepy' was the first word into my head, he's probably the nicest chap you could meet, but I could never take to him, my Granny's words spring to mind, "He's a terrible nice fella but nobody likes him"
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2012, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Sorry folks but cant stand either him or Tom Jones, although have to say TJ has improved with age and his hair is much better white. Hate the actual programme by the way, I am a real Grumpy gran arent I. Sorry will try harder!.
...nor me Annie.

For me Tom Jones with a face lift is even more scary than he was to begin with

I would have run a mile if either of these 'stars' had come within a mile of me (though they would probably have felt the same way about me )
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2012, 07:34 PM

I thought not liking him or Tom Jones was just a man thing, but looks like you ladies have proved me wrong yet again...
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2012, 09:53 PM

As if this dopey event could'nt get sillier, they've gone an exceeded themselves. Lets hope and pray, its not a remixed version of that ghastly, "The Last Waltz"
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2012, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
I thought not liking him or Tom Jones was just a man thing, but looks like you ladies have proved me wrong yet again...
I am also a tad surprised that the women here don't like him. The marketing hype arround this decision has pointed out that he is one of the very few to be honoured in Hollywood and Las Vegas and he's had loads of No.1 hits (But the last was 40 years ago )

A strange choice yes, but one has to admit that it might succede, 'tho I agree with all of you when you say that the voting has got so political.

Please bear in mind that it's difficult for populations who have been brainwashed by communist propoganda to change the habit of a lifetime To anyone over 35, anywhere in Eastern Europe, voting for anyone other than your near (communist) neighbours is tantamount to treason and of course so many still believe the secret police are listening to your phones and monitoring what you say and do.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2012, 02:36 AM

gee s that still going
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2012, 10:31 AM

I am so unhappy with Eurovision.
I love watching it, the lead up to eurovision, used to love Terry Wogan and all the sarcastic comments that he used to come out with.
Will still be watching it this year but what the devil are they doing asking eh to be our entry for this year.
Disgusting. There are so many singers out there that would love the chance to represent their country.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top