Join for free
Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2012, 04:35 PM

Re: what scares you ?

The dark, suppose because I am a Townie and there were always street light,the dark here is very dark and I have a nursery nightlight on all night!Anyone behind me, wont sit at a table in the middle of a room always sit with my back to the wall.
Hu99
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hu99 is male  Hu99 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2012, 04:38 PM

The scariest thing I can think of is how will I spend my final days. It's not death that scares me, it's the prospect of retirement, a dwindling income and possibly becoming destitute.
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2012, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
Very strange this fear of clowns, they are after all just a man dressed up. Can anyone elaborate why they have this fear.

For myself I have a fear of footsteps behind me especially in the dark as I was mugged in my 20s and it is a deep seated fear that won't go away. It is rare for me to be walking around late at night though so not really a problem.

I don't really know what is it with clowns, i have never liked them but daft at it sounds i watched a film called IT, by Steven King, and it scared the life out of me
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2012, 05:07 PM

I am scared of daddy long legs as well Mollie

yes anyone behind me, i can relate to that annie,slugs and spiders, and more so wasps.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2012, 05:07 PM

Oh my Granddaughter is frightened of Clowns.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2012, 07:42 PM

I'm a bit scared of Heights, and I'm terrified of Wasps. When I was a 4 Year old Child I was playing with Jock (one of my parents Old English Sheepies) I remember throwing a Ball into the Bushes and he dived in after them and started yelping. I ran over to see and we both got covered in Wasps. My Nan and my Dad grapped us both out of there and got us sorted up. I've been scared stiff of them ever since.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2012, 08:30 PM

heights, I get giddy wearing two pairs of socks, wasps I am allergic to them, cockroaches make me feel physically sick, most other things I can sort of tolerate as long as they keep their distance from me.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2012, 08:56 PM

This must sound strange to most people, but telephones scare me ever since I first used one as a boy, I always associate them with bad news. We were too poor to have a phone in the house so we had to use the local call box, there was usually a small queue and it wasn't always in working order. It had to be something very urgent, usually calling the Doctor, you stood in the filthy kiosk looking up with your three pennies and the phone number in one hand, and picked up the germ infested receiver in the other hand, then the juggling bit started, moving the phone to the other hand while you tried to insert the money and hold up the phone number at the same time, looking for an extra hand to press button A, and all the time the clock ticking away, the Doctors secretary's voice was full of authority and frightening, it made me stutter my words, once they hear a kids voice they probably think it's a prank. I have hated phones all my life, never had a mobile and never will, I can never hold a natural conversation on the phone, even with very close friends, most of them respect this and don't ring me, they call personally or see me in the local. If it rings in our house the wife always answers and if she's not here too bad, anyway they seldom bring good news and with todays technology I dont need a phone.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2012, 10:37 PM

For me, its moths, daddylonglegs, spiders (when they're inside), frogs, and anything that moves fast like mice and rats!!! Gone quite cold thinking of them now!
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2012, 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by merz ->
For me, its moths, daddylonglegs, spiders (when they're inside), frogs, and anything that moves fast like mice and rats!!! Gone quite cold thinking of them now!
me to lol

Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top