Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2012, 02:46 PM

Re: Have a terrific Tuesday Folk.

Hi everybody, well after lots of low cloud this morning its turned out to be another lovely day with lots of sunshine. A tad cooler than of late (thank goodness!!)

Been a busy day up to now, Bonnie and my friend's dog walked very early on marsh this morning, didn't see a soul, then lots of driving to do, finishing up in Dumfries! My lovely neighbour left me a note to say she'd let the dogs out and played with them for half an hour, so didn't have that to worry about.

Rest of the day will be spent doing usual office stuff and some dog walking.

Mags is that a furminator comb you will be using? I've seen them but don't know if they are any good or not?

Here's a photo I took last night of a flower from my tree peony which has just opened. I love this shrub and its moved around with me for around 20 years in a pot until I took the decision to put it in the ground a couple of years ago and its gone from strength to strength.

Enjoy the rest of your day folks
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2012, 03:31 PM

My photo of the heron has gone. I thinned out my album photos not realising that it would disappear from my post. You live and learn.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2012, 03:39 PM

It's back now Alan How did that happen?
Smashing photos as usual today everyone, always brighten up my day.
Only just sat down, been to yoga, had a long overdue haircut and hi-lights and walked back. Not so hot today, still beautiful though. I would like to know what a furminator is too please Mags? I've been combing Sparky out with an old comb and it's falling out of him. I put it in the hedges for the nesting birds (good job they don't know where it came from)!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2012, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by marpaul ->

Mags is that a furminator comb you will be using? I've seen them but don't know if they are any good or not?

Enjoy the rest of your day folks
Originally Posted by maryl ->
I would like to know what a furminator is too please Mags? I've been combing Sparky out with an old comb and it's falling out of him. I put it in the hedges for the nesting birds (good job they don't know where it came from)!
Yes Marian and Mary, it's a Furminator comb, I've had it for about 6 years now and it's excellent for getting rid of dead and loose hair. It leaves Cassie's coat sleek and shiny...... however, like most cats she won't let me use it on her legs or tum so she just has extra brushing there.

Here's a video of a furminator being used on a cat ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKBaReoThps
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2012, 08:33 PM

I still can't see Alan's photo
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2012, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Yes Marian and Mary, it's a Furminator comb, I've had it for about 6 years now and it's excellent for getting rid of dead and loose hair. It leaves Cassie's coat sleek and shiny...... however, like most cats she won't let me use it on her legs or tum so she just has extra brushing there.

Here's a video of a furminator being used on a cat ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKBaReoThps
Thanks for the video Mags. Does it have a blade in it??
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

29-05-2012, 11:54 PM

Thanks for the video Mags. Does it have a blade in it??
Yes Marian, there is a low blade on it but it removes all the dead underneath hair not the top coat....
marpaul
North Cumbria

29-05-2012, 11:57 PM

Thanks Mags but does the blade actually cut the fur? I didn't know you could get them for cats. I nearly got one for bonnie last year but the shop had sold out. So am thinking about getting her one again.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2012, 09:52 AM

I see now, thanks Mags. At the moment I am doing Sparky in bits as he shoots off when he's had enough. I am using one of those plastic double sided fine combs which gets out all the fine underneath fur. The furminator may not pull so much so I will have a look on Amazon.
Alan's picture has disappeared again this morning
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

30-05-2012, 02:34 PM

Thanks Mags but does the blade actually cut the fur? I didn't know you could get them for cats. I nearly got one for bonnie last year but the shop had sold out. So am thinking about getting her one again.
It doesn't cut the fur as such, Marian ..... more like pulls out the dead hair underneath. Cassie absolutely loves being groomed with it, as soon as she see me with the furminator in my hand, she runs straight to me purring away!

Originally Posted by maryl ->
I see now, thanks Mags. At the moment I am doing Sparky in bits as he shoots off when he's had enough. I am using one of those plastic double sided fine combs which gets out all the fine underneath fur. The furminator may not pull so much so I will have a look on Amazon.
Alan's picture has disappeared again this morning
Just in case you are interested in the furminator, Amazon has them on offer at the moment

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...rd_i=340840031

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top