Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2012, 12:49 PM

Re: Joyce. (Updated @ post 23)

Sorry to hear this Jim. These will be hard times for you and I'm sure you miss her. You've done a great job in looking after her for as long as you have. Look after yourself! hugs....
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2012, 02:38 PM

Very sorry to hear this jim.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2012, 03:23 PM

Sorry to hear this James - keeping you and Joyce in my thoughts too. ((hugs))
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2012, 03:28 PM

James, I too am sorry to hear your news, I'm sure it was a tough decision for you and I admire your strength. You have been amazing, looking after Joyce for so long.

Time now for you to get some proper rest, she will be well looked after.
((hugs)) to Joyce and you.
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2012, 04:18 PM

So sorry James to hear your news, you need to look after yourself and get some rest and get your strength up.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

26-06-2012, 05:27 PM

Jim, I am so sorry to read about Joyce, there is not much I can say that will bring any real comfort but I do know how much you just being there for her would have helped her.

No one really understands - unless they have been there so to speak - how much the carers do, not just now and then but all day, every day. It is a fact that we would not get by at all without you.

Take a well earned rest and recharge.
All good wishes to you both.

George
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2012, 06:58 PM

Sorry to hear Joyce has gone into hospital, but this will be the best place for her now. You have looked after her and given her all the love she needed.
My thought are with you and Joyce. Take care and get some rest.

Shaz
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2012, 10:33 PM

Sorry to hear this Jim, but like others have said on here, she will be well looked after and you must look after yourself too.

You have done really well in looking after her for so long. There can be difficult times, I know, I care for my Mum too.

Take care and best wishes

Carmen
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2012, 11:40 PM

I can only echo what has been said. Keep well Jimbo, she is in good hands.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

27-06-2012, 09:19 AM

I don't know your story jimbo, but it sounds as if you have done all you can for your wife and it is now time for someone else to care for her. You should be VERY proud of yourself.

I am my husband's carer as he is brain damaged after an aneurysm burst in his brain five and a half years ago. I find the task onerous on an emotional level as he isn't the man I married, and I can't petend to have the same feelings I had for him heretofore. He doesn't need any personal care and is still quite capable of taking himself off on long route marches and doing the gardening. Sadly he can no longer do work of an academic nature his great love, this makes him SO frustrated and of course everything is my fault! If he became any worse and needed more care I am afraid I would consign him to a care home, I know my limitations. I know full well if the boot had been on the other foot I would have been in a car home from the word go, he was always useless at looking after me if I was unwell!

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top