Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

26-07-2012, 09:58 AM

Re: Bewildered, annoyed and bloody fuming!!!

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Two faced, I know, but next time I saw either of them in their garden I would smile sweetly and tell them their garden was looking nice. Might surprise them into saying something nice back.
That exactly what I'd do aerolor. And I'd smile and say hello every time I met them............then its your neighbours who are going to look stupid if they continue to ignore you. As for moving to avoid your daughter serving them in a shop, that, in my opinion, sums up their intellect. They're obviously not very bright if that's the way they behave and therefore not worth the worry. Just keep on smiling and dishing and pleasantries.
Lady Angler
Lancashire
Lady Angler is female  Lady Angler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2012, 10:51 AM

Maybe they're just plain old jealous Kath.The fact that you've had your garden landscaped professionally on whatever scale may have aroused the little green monster.

One of our neighbours went a little strange with us when we got rid of our rust bucket and bought a new car.....

Don't feel bad,you've done nothing wrong.I would say they're the one's with a problem....
Kath 131
Preston, Lancashire
Kath 131 is female  Kath 131 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2012, 11:11 AM

Thanks all I can see what your all meaning by being pleasant and speaking to them. Sorry can't do it, I have a stubborn streak that is quite wide and it refuses to let me back down and hold out the olive branch!

She told me that she doesn't speak to her own daughter-in-law and hasn't done for 3 years through some silly argument, that says it all to me.

I will get over it, but I suspect she is saying things to the other neighbour as I have had bad vibes off her as well, and he actually tidies her garden up and they buy her little ornaments!! In an attempt to rub it in with me, didn't realise that older people could be so childish.

Oh sod em' me thinks. Mollie I agree "theirs nowt as queer as folk"!

Thanks guys at least I have you lot. At least I hope so, getting paranoid now "is it me"?? xx
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2012, 11:56 AM

I wouldn't go as far as others on here with the pleasantries.
But finding myself in a similar position years ago I used to say 'morning' and immediately walk away giving no time for an answer.
I could see from the look on their faces that this both confused and annoyed them...this gave me great satisfaction,and them no reason to escalate their behaviour.

As for the chucking over the fence of hedge cuttings.I did this but put the cuttings in a black bag with a label attached....'As required by law I am returning your property,thank you.' and leave it next to their dustbin.

The scowl on their faces remained but things didn't get worse,and they got the message that I was indifferent to whether they existed or not.
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

26-07-2012, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Kath 131 ->
Thanks all I can see what your all meaning by being pleasant and speaking to them. Sorry can't do it, I have a stubborn streak that is quite wide and it refuses to let me back down and hold out the olive branch!
Its not so much holding out the olive branch kath.........more rising above what is essentially a ridiculous situation caused by your weird neighbours. Its makes you the bigger person.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2012, 01:52 PM

And I thought it was only me who had funny neighbours.
romfty
spain
romfty is male 

26-07-2012, 04:11 PM

Bet your neighbours are on here Kath
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2012, 04:28 PM

Ok now you have brought up neighbours......I have got on spendidly with the once next door to me , even though he brushes all his water from his garden into mine, even though if someone comes to the door he comes around to our side of the house and bends down by the fence pretending he is picking stuff up so he can hear what you are talking about. Enough is enough. he is an abnoxious little Yorkshire man and their family motto is I dont do owt for nowt.yes my great grandfather came from Yorkshire . So Kath treat them with indiference, they dont exist.Finito.
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

26-07-2012, 05:59 PM

I love my neighbours............especially when they take a day off from slamming doors and yelling at one another.
Kath 131
Preston, Lancashire
Kath 131 is female  Kath 131 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2012, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by mazzie ->
Its not so much holding out the olive branch kath.........more rising above what is essentially a ridiculous situation caused by your weird neighbours. Its makes you the bigger person.
I do agree with you but the horns are still out!!lol

I rarely fall out with people but when I do I mean it. So I will just plod on and look the other way sorry but I do believe in treating people how they treat me. I still appreciate all your advise.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top