Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2012, 09:11 PM

Re: The wife and I have split

Seriously folks, the bedroom is my favourite room, the wife has the new double bed, I have a double orthopaedic bed, two years old.
We both sleep a lot better apart but we obviously have our kisses and cuddles, as do any happy couple.
Truth is my health is not good and, with water tablets I am out of bed a couple of times, and then if the wife is talking or snoring I can't get back to sleep.
We do nip in and out of each others bed for our customary kiss and cuddle and a giggle, can't beat getting the chuckle muscles going.
Jimmy it would be a miracle for Lazarus to rise from the dead, but who knows one day he might.and pigs might fly.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2012, 01:14 AM

I've had my own room for years, my OH used to get up in the early hours for work and so he went to bed early. Apart from that when we slept in the same bed I never got any sleep, he's a "rough" sleeper, bouncing, kicking etc, I'd be covered in bruises. It would have been more comfortable sharing a bed with a wallowing hippopotamus, which is what he sounds like most of the night. My room is my sanctuary and my work station, just me and the two pooches. Even George Lazenby would have to vacate my room at sleep time
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2012, 01:25 AM

I too was astonished to read this, until I realised that he was having us on.

I don't have a choice these days but, when my partner was still here, if snoring had been an Olympic sport, he'd have won hands down, bless his darling heart.

Sometimes it got so bad, I'd upsticks and move into the spare bedroom, which has a very comfy double bed, but he'd still snore through the double brick walls.

Plus, it did become uncomfortable when I started going through the change with hot sweats at night, but we didn't sleep apart on a permanent basis, although I can well understand the reasons for doing so.

Keep up the kisses, cuddles and giggles though.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2012, 12:12 PM

Having just celebrated my 10th divorcaversary I share my bed with no one. I have four bedrooms but I sleep in the smallest but one. However I did buy a King single and for the first time in my life my feet don't stick out the bottom of the bed.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2012, 09:26 AM

Ha Ha, you had me going there for a minute Arthur, thank goodness you were only joking...

Mrs PM and I have had our own rooms for more than twelve years now for several reasons, but enough to say we think it's the best thing we did and probably saved our marriage. It certainly doesn't have to be an end to intimacy, in fact in our case the opposite was the case, but to continue sleeping together just to prove a point seemed ridiculous, particularly as neither of us was actually getting much proper sleep...
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2012, 10:08 AM

I have to own up, I shared my room with another lady last night.
She is joining me tonight as well, but she does not share my bed, she sleeps on a mattress on the floor.
We are dog sitting, and I had Holly to sleep in my room.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2014, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
I too was astonished to read this, until I realised that he was having us on.

I don't have a choice these days but, when my partner was still here, if snoring had been an Olympic sport, he'd have won hands down, bless his darling heart.

Sometimes it got so bad, I'd upsticks and move into the spare bedroom,
which has a very comfy double bed, but he'd still snore through the double brick walls.

Know just what you mean Mollie. My ex-husband could snore for England as well and it was exhausting because I just couldn't sleep through it. Even if it stopped I would be waiting for it to start again. I could hear him from downstairs, honest. I could never sleep with another snorer like that.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2014, 10:35 PM

I will have plenty of time to sleep alone if my hubby goes before I do...so we make the most of the time we have left together...together.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2014, 11:10 PM

Same bed, if you still have stamina, simples.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2014, 11:55 PM

For snoring I've tried those strips that you place across the bridge of your nose.
It really does open up the passageways. A months worth here (store brand price) is $12 for 30. Give them a try. I have a deviated septum which is pretty common. I don't wear the strip constantly but suddenly I can breathe great when I do put one on. Even athletes use them!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top