Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2012, 04:55 PM

Re: Nuisance telephone calls

Falc, just loved your post...I'm now hoping to get a sales call, can't wait to hear the shock in their voices.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2012, 05:03 PM

the silent calls are computer generated and there isn't always a person available to take it that's why there is silence, that was what was said on radio 4 a couple of years ago. As for foreigners answering I got a call last year couldn't make out what the woman was saying and was about to tell her where to go, when I realised it was the lady from the jewellers who was telling me my ring was ready for collection, she's Chinese. ooops!!
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2012, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
the silent calls are computer generated and there isn't always a person available to take it that's why there is silence, that was what was said on radio 4 a couple of years ago. As for foreigners answering I got a call last year couldn't make out what the woman was saying and was about to tell her where to go, when I realised it was the lady from the jewellers who was telling me my ring was ready for collection, she's Chinese. ooops!!
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2012, 05:21 PM

Jan said : ---We now don't answer the 'phone, our family know to call us on the mobile if it is an emergency.

That is exactly what we have done Jan, but if it is in the middle of the night, you automatically pick it up.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK

25-08-2012, 05:26 PM

Yes Arthur, it would be an automatic reaction. Your first thoughts are it is family...who the hell else would ring at that hour? Doesn't do your health any good either
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2012, 09:32 PM

I keep getting PPI and Bank calls. I Press number last week. Got a woman, I told her I am x directory you have got this number illegal, take it off your system or I will report you. I was getting about 3 a day. Seem to have stopped.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2012, 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by Falconer ->
I used to get lot's of these call's but, a few month's ago, I was put on to a 'wind-up'.
'Is that Mr Jones?...
'Do you know Mr Jones?'...
'No, Sir'...
'Are you aware you've just called a Murder site?...
''oh...well'...
'DON'T HANG UP!...that would be a Criminal Offence!...this is Detective Inspector Smith and we've already traced your call, so we already know where you are...how long have you known the deceased, and in what capacity?...
OK, as long as you don't get done for impersonating a police officer.

How about this one? Keep it near your phone:

You can get it as a PDF file from here: http://egbg.home.xs4all.nl/english/counterscript.pdf
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2012, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Mollie darlin' - you now know the name of this company that 'phoned you, its a local (i.e UK company). As you, like me have signed up to telephone preference and this company have ignored that, you can lodge a complaint with the telephone preference society against them. Don't let 'em get away with it!!!!
Eh? I didn't start this thread and haven't replied in it till now. Methinks you've got the two "unwanted phone call" threads muxed up as there's one in The Grumpy Corner.

However, you do have a point.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top