Join for free
Page 20 of 22 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 >
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2016, 08:49 AM

Re: The despicable scumbags!!!

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
So when are you going to give Sydney back to the First People ?
When the ransom is paid....Sydney is being well treated but misses his family.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2016, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
When the ransom is paid....Sydney is being well treated but misses his family.
Are they keeping him out back?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2016, 03:01 PM

We actually need more children, there won't be enough people of working age soon to pay for looking after the elderly who are living longer.
If the less well off stop having kids because there's no housing or financial help for them we will end up with a "reverse" of the British Empire situation.
No I haven't gone barmy, this is what I see happening.
There will be a glut of wealthier people's children, well educated, wanting the higher paid jobs. Not enough home grown children leaving school to go into lower paid manual, service industries or part time work.
Older folk will loose pensions entirely as not enough tax will be paid so they will have to work until they die, possibly taking more lower paid jobs as the young won't be there.
What happens then?
More immigrants would be encouraged to come here, so you've got the wealthy living in a country where the work force are mostly immigrants and they didn't have to fight to take over the country as they did in the Empire days, just sit back and let it happen.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2016, 06:02 PM

People don't have a divine right to live in any given area just because their forefathers did.
Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
That's what the Poms kept telling those Aborigine "savages".
And then shot them if they disagreed.
So when are you going to give Sydney back to the First People ?
The day after you give Israel back.
"People don't have a divine right to live in any given area just because their forefathers did."
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2016, 06:08 PM

I dont live in Israel (not am i Jewish so that nasty little jibe has fallen flat )
You on the other hand are living on Aboriginal lands why dont you give them back to their true owners?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2016, 06:09 PM

We could return England to the Welsh, don't you think?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2016, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
We actually need more children, there won't be enough people of working age soon to pay for looking after the elderly who are living longer.
If the less well off stop having kids because there's no housing or financial help for them we will end up with a "reverse" of the British Empire situation.
No I haven't gone barmy, this is what I see happening.
There will be a glut of wealthier people's children, well educated, wanting the higher paid jobs. Not enough home grown children leaving school to go into lower paid manual, service industries or part time work.
Older folk will loose pensions entirely as not enough tax will be paid so they will have to work until they die, possibly taking more lower paid jobs as the young won't be there.
What happens then?
More immigrants would be encouraged to come here, so you've got the wealthy living in a country where the work force are mostly immigrants and they didn't have to fight to take over the country as they did in the Empire days, just sit back and let it happen.
Immigrants get old too Tessa
Are we to import people ad infinitum ?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2016, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
We could return England to the Welsh, don't you think?
Tricky one ... the Welsh were conquered. The Scots were not.

I blame William the Conqueror for the mess myself.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2016, 06:50 PM

Immigrants get old too Tessa
Are we to import people ad infinitum ?
Does the logic follow then that at some point ... all the oldies go to Eritrea or Syria. They'll be pretty sparsely populated by then.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2016, 07:52 PM

I dont live in Israel (not am i Jewish so that nasty little jibe has fallen flat )
You on the other hand are living on Aboriginal lands why dont you give them back to their true owners?
You may not be Jewish nor live in Israel but you did say
"People don't have a divine right to live in any given area just because their forefathers did."
and I do recall a Brit named Balfour having much to do with establishing a Jewish 'homeland' (not a State) in which the rights of the then current occupants would be absolutely protected.
(Giving away something which was not Britains to give.)
That went well !

The British took Aus from the aborigines. It is hardly within my power to give it back.
Besides, how would they survive in the 21st Century without the billions spent on their welfare ?

Are we still on about "Despicable Scumbags" ?

Page 20 of 22 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top