Join for free
Page 20 of 22 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 >
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2020, 03:03 PM

Re: What's your Boredom level Today?

Originally Posted by biffo ->
I stand corrected

(Charles - where's the bottle opener?
Camilla - it's his day ORF)
So you should in the presence of Royalty or it might have to be "Orf with your head"!
However, if you've had too much booze, without the bottle opener, you may kneel down!
biffo
Norfolk UK
biffo is male  biffo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2020, 03:44 PM

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2020, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Yes, you can in a respectful way. No you can't, in that disrespectful way & it's bad taste to talk about our beloved & very old Queen in that way.
The article referred to OUR Queen, Her majesty Queen Elizabeth, Queen of Australia, we will not be dictated to by a bunch of European foreigners.

Your job is purely to feed, clothe her and keep her in the style to which she has grown accustomed.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2020, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
The article referred to OUR Queen, Her majesty Queen Elizabeth, Queen of Australia, we will not be dictated to by a bunch of European foreigners.

Your job is purely to feed, clothe her and keep her in the style to which she has grown accustomed.
Do you pay anything for her upkeep? I don't think so, she is only your Queen because of the commonwealth, it's us Brits who own her. Whether we want to or not.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2020, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Do you pay anything for her upkeep? I don't think so, she is only your Queen because of the commonwealth, it's us Brits who own her. Whether we want to or not.
Pay for her? Are you mad? That's your job but like Julian Assange, Barry Humphries and Kylie Minogue she may live in England but she is ours. Absolutely nothing to do with the British Commonwealth she is in our Constitution (you don't have one of those)

Section 1

The legislative power of the Commonwealth shall be vested in a Federal Parliament, which shall consist of the Queen, a Senate, and a House of Representatives, and which is hereinafter called The Parliament, or The Parliament of the Commonwealth.

The Commonwealth referred to is the Commonwealth of Australia
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2020, 12:42 PM

Hi

My boredom level today is zero.

Trying to get Guy the treatment he needs, as do others.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

16-04-2020, 01:20 PM

More as an experiment I made an online order from Woollies today more to try out their "Priority Assistance" service for us old folks.

The bastards charge $15 for the delivery and you can't pick it up - they cancelled all their delivery services including "Click and Collect" since the Covid19 struck and now only offer this Priority Assistance BS.

Anyway I filled up my order - has to be $50 not including delivery fee. Friday delivery was closed so I clicked on Saturday 4pm to 7pm (nothing more specific) as being best for me. I have to be home because there are some items like booze that they need proof of age for. Have no idea what it will be like if it is crap I won't do it again.

Some things are dodgy, they charge per banana - when you go to the store it is per kilo. I also ordered a Rock melon and some Granny Smiths because the one thing I do run out of is fruit.

Talking of grog I have just finished another flagon of Sweet Sherry, this is getting to be a habit during this lockdown

Our PM, Scotty from Marketing is now saying the current lockdown will last another 4 weeks when they will review whether some parts can be reduced to get some people back to work.

There is also talk of an Australia/NZ "bubble" where NZ will have the same lockdown status as a state to allow some passenger traffic between the two countries. I presume this is if both countries maintain or improve their low rates of infection.

Well, that's the highlights of my exciting day in lockdown.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2020, 03:16 PM

I must admit i've yawned twice today. Has the rot set in??
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2020, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Pay for her? Are you mad? That's your job but like Julian Assange, Barry Humphries and Kylie Minogue she may live in England but she is ours. Absolutely nothing to do with the British Commonwealth she is in our Constitution (you don't have one of those)

Section 1

The legislative power of the Commonwealth shall be vested in a Federal Parliament, which shall consist of the Queen, a Senate, and a House of Representatives, and which is hereinafter called The Parliament, or The Parliament of the Commonwealth.

The Commonwealth referred to is the Commonwealth of Australia
You have your own government & your own head of state, who you have to keep, why would you want our Queen. She is British, not Australian. If you don't pay anything towards her keep how can she be yours. She is not yours, she is ours, whether we want her or not & we are very possessive. You can have the rest of the Royal Family if you want, apart from the Queen that is & William.:l ol:
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2020, 06:08 PM

I would say 3.

Made a Lemon Sponge cake this morning,
Cooking a full roast chicken dinner with all the trimmings for us both this evening because one day blends into the next and Sunday has lost it's meaning at the moment.
Gave both pooches a bath at lunch time, then sat in the garden with a nice long cool Lemonade and Lime.

Put a few jokes on the Joke thread. Now having a nice cup of tea.

Page 20 of 22 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top