Join for free
Page 21 of 32 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2016, 09:24 AM

Re: Flu jabs

It must affect people different ways as I've said it makes us feel far healthier than we would otherwise. Had ours last night no achy arm even.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2016, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
A cold is no comparison to flu... as an Asthmatic you are at a higher risk of complications such as pneumonia if you should get flu.
Yes Pats, l know there is no comparison! I was just mentioning l rarely get colds as l think l have a good immune system. I wouldn't have the Shingles injection either, as l have never had Chicken Pox!
My Asthma is brought on by perfume smells, preservatives and other additives in food. I would probably be affected by the preservatives or whatever is contained in the flu injection.
Anyway, it must be fifty years since l had the flu.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2016, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
A cold is no comparison to flu... as an Asthmatic you are at a higher risk of complications such as pneumonia if you should get flu.
lols spread that fear Pats !

That Artangel is at a higher risk of complications has no bearing whatsoever on whether the flu jab is effective or not.
The flu jab is largely a waste of time. The peer reviewed systematic reviews prove it.

People who have it are acting for the most part, un-objectively, much like those who mess with homeopathy products. They will attribute whatever benefits they experience to those treatments and blank out all the negative experiences once they have chosen to believe.
Plenty of people who have the flu jab will still catch flu. Some won't. The numbers who do and who don't will be the same as the situation where no-one had a flu jab at all. Yet the people who DID have the jab and DIDN'T get flu will incorrectly attribute that to the flu jab, thereby reinforcing their belief and the illusion.

It's a classic psychological mental condition of selective reinforcement.

The truth here is very simple. To assess whether the flu jab is one huge scam or not all you have to do is a shed load of tests on a wide variety of people of varying conditions and circumstances. You include in those tests groups who are given placebos and you conduct all of the tests in a rigorous way according to the top industry standard testing methods which assess and minimise any possible bias.

Then you look at the results.

Cochrane did exactly this. They assessed over 2000 studies involving literally millions of people. They concluded that the flu jab is useless.

Job done.

Everything else is pure BS smoke and mirrors founded on an aggressive campaign of fear mongering which even YOU are perpetuating here on this forum !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2016, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Yes Pats, l know there is no comparison! I was just mentioning l rarely get colds as l think l have a good immune system. I wouldn't have the Shingles injection either, as l have never had Chicken Pox!
My Asthma is brought on by perfume smells, preservatives and other additives in food. I would probably be affected by the preservatives or whatever is contained in the flu injection.
Anyway, it must be fifty years since l had the flu.
Aren't you at more risk having not had chicken pox ? When one of our boys got chicken pox I came down with it too and my husband got shingles. We were told that was because we hadn't had chicken pox.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2016, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Aren't you at more risk having not had chicken pox ? When one of our boys got chicken pox I came down with it too and my husband got shingles. We were told that was because we hadn't had chicken pox.
Julie, All my five children plus my seven grandsons had chicken pox. I was mainly in contact with my own children when they had it and l still didn't get it!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2016, 11:02 AM

Aren't you at more risk having not had chicken pox ?
http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/2585.aspx?CategoryID=200

"Chickenpox and shingles are both caused by the same virus: the varicella-zoster virus.

In some people who have had chickenpox, the virus can become active again later in life and cause shingles.

You can't catch shingles from someone else. However, you can catch chickenpox from someone with shingles if you haven't had chickenpox before"

- - - -

http://healthland.time.com/2013/01/2...-and-shingles/

"What is shingles, and how is it different from chicken pox?
Shingles, also known as zoster or herpes zoster, is a painful skin rash caused by the same virus responsible for chicken pox: the varicella zoster virus. Even if you had chicken pox in the past, you can still contract shingles. That’s because the chicken-pox virus remains in the body, lying dormant in the roots of nerves, and can reactivate many years later. It’s not clear why the virus reawakens — in some people it never does — but researchers believe that the virus is triggered as the immune system weakens with age or in conditions of stress."
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

12-10-2016, 11:05 AM

So in layman's terms. If you have previously had Chicken Pox then that virus is still floating around your body in a dormant state, held there by your immune system.

If you fancy a bout of Shingles, just go compromise your immune system. Easy to do, just eat bad foods or say inject mercury into your bloodstream . . .!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2016, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
So in layman's terms. If you have previously had Chicken Pox then that virus is still floating around your body in a dormant state, held there by your immune system.

If you fancy a bout of Shingles, just go compromise your immune system. Easy to do, just eat bad foods or say inject mercury into your bloodstream . . .!
If I hadn't had carefully measured mercury injected into my bloodstream, I wouldn't be alive today, to consider having a flu jab.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

12-10-2016, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
If I hadn't had carefully measured mercury injected into my bloodstream, I wouldn't be alive today, to consider having a flu jab.
Indeed twink if many of us followed some of the scaremongering we would be dead. It's fine if you don't want a in don't have it but don't try to put others off.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

12-10-2016, 12:09 PM

Indeed twink if many of us followed some of the scaremongering we would be dead.
The only scaremongering thus far in this thread is the continual perpetuation of the orchestrated "Campaign Of Fear" used to generate demand for useless flu jabs.

Everything I've contributed has been factual and aimed at getting people to approach the subject objectively and to do proper research and due diligence.

However, if you would prefer a scaremongering approach then I offer the next post for your perusal

Page 21 of 32 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top