Join for free
Page 21 of 72 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 09:55 PM

Re: Over 50s Club Yorkshire

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Some brilliant architecture and history in Hull JB. One of my favourite cities. The Museum and art gallery is free as well.
FREE, eh? Well, that clinches it.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 10:49 PM

I never really rated Hull until a few years ago. I think my first impression was that it was run down and didn't have a lot going for it. In those days I only really went to shop and it was very haphazard and spread out. However, more recently I've been round a few of the museums (all free) and they are working so hard to improve the image of the city. It's great, I love it!
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 11:00 PM

Just been reading about Bob's bits and it seems I'm not the only one who's partial to coffee and cake in the afternoon! For anyone visiting the Yorkshire coast, there's a fantastic place for such a treat between Brid and Scarborough. It's called the Stained Glass Centre and as well as various showrooms they have a wonderful cafe and lovely well kept gardens to sit out in, weather permitting. Been there today, not warm enough to sit out though!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Just been reading about Bob's bits and it seems I'm not the only one who's partial to coffee and cake in the afternoon!
I prefer traditional afternoon tea.

Sandwiches on the bottom plate, scones on the middle and cakes on the top.

Mouth watering as I type!

They even do those over here on the wrong side of the Pennines.
Val J
East Yorkshire

16-03-2017, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I prefer traditional afternoon tea.

Sandwiches on the bottom plate, scones on the middle and cakes on the top.

Mouth watering as I type!

They even do those over here on the wrong side of the Pennines.
Oooh yes, afternoon tea is a real treat but couldn't do that every day. I'll settle for me almost daily coffee and scone and the occasional afternoon tea when someone treats me!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

17-03-2017, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Oooh yes, afternoon tea is a real treat but couldn't do that every day. I'll settle for me almost daily coffee and scone and the occasional afternoon tea when someone treats me!
I'm willing to allow you to treat me to an afternoon tea.

Thank you for the offer.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 01:36 AM

I don't think anyone has mentioned Robin Hood's Bay yet? A beautiful fishing village three miles from Whitby. Well worth a visit
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 08:06 AM

Lovely place, Floydy. You'd need to be fit to live there and climb that steep hill everyday !
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 09:25 AM

I love afternoon tea as a treat too, favourite place to have it is the Little Tea House in Ilkley, it's just around the corner from Betty's Cafe half the price and twice as nice

I was trying to think if I have ever actually been to Hull and I don't think I have, I will have to put it on my list. My daughter has though as she takes my little grandson to The Deep.. It's one of his favourite places.
Val J
East Yorkshire

17-03-2017, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm willing to allow you to treat me to an afternoon tea.

Thank you for the offer.
Errr I think you've misunderstood JBR, it's me that gets treated! Now I wonder if they do good ones in Whitby!

Page 21 of 72 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top