Join for free
Page 21 of 25 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 > Last »
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 04:15 PM

Re: Doctors - do you trust them?

Originally Posted by Pats ->
Sometimes symptoms don't always manifest until things have got a foothold Lilac.
Pats..I know you have a nursing history..but one thing must be respected..people do know what is going on in their bodies!!

i.e...by now I would be in a wheelchair..

dead from cancer..

son would have had his leg amputated..

doctors are only people, not Gods...and they do very often make mistakes..
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by lilac ->
Unlike you Gabi..I am not glad to ''see any''..I want a doctor who knows what he's talking about..not a doctor that gains a hundred quid when the 10 minute bell has rung..

I would also like to be able to understand them..and hope that they haven't got their qualifications from the back of a cornflake packet..
Unlike you lilac....I have got doctors who are qualified and do speak my language. If I'm not satisfied I have no qualms telling the doctor (I don't want to take or do this or that) and unlike you...I would have changed doctors long ago if I was in your shoes.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 05:24 PM

Unlike you Gabi..I am not glad to ''see any''..I want a doctor who knows what he's talking about..not a doctor that gains a hundred quid when the 10 minute bell has rung..

I would also like to be able to understand them..and hope that they haven't got their qualifications from the back of a cornflake packet..
Unless you are seeing a doctor privately, which is your own choice, your doctor doesn't get paid based on appointments. You could see your GP every day or not at all and there would be no difference to what the doctor is paid. So perhaps your views are based on misconceptions?
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 05:46 PM

So why is there a time limit on consultations?

If it isn't a factory?
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 07:05 PM

So why is there a time limit on consultations?

If it isn't a factory?
Demand and supply...If there was no time limit then some patients would never get a chance to be seen.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 08:53 PM

Pats..I know you have a nursing history..but one thing must be respected..people do know what is going on in their bodies!!
Did my quoting a fact imply otherwise?
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 09:45 PM

The doctors at our medical centre have a sign saying "please no more than 2 problems discussed at any one appointment". Sorry, not exact words as I haven't been to the doctor in ages but I can see their point.

At first I was affronted when I saw the sign but so many people want to,pour their hearts out about every little pain when the doctor greets them with "So, what can I help you with, or what seems to be the problem?"

Nobody else would be able to see the doctor & our wait times for appointments would go from a couple of weeks to a couple of years!
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 10:24 PM

Because all our doctors are Pakistani..They are a thieving, robbing blight on our NHS..when I go to a doctors..I would really like to be able to understand them..

Not being shown the ''exit'' door with another bottle of pills that they probably have a financial interest in..

Geddit yet?
You get this with white(racist??)doctors as well.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
No...advising anyone to drink when on 'lots of medication' just isn't funny.
Spot on Pats its not funny.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 11:06 PM

The only problem I'd have with a so called foreigner doctor is the part about understanding them. I realize you can't help having an accent no,matter what it is but if the doctor doesn't speak slowly, & you have to repeatedly ask what he said, he gets an annoyed look in his face. I don't think that's right, especially many older people have hearing issues.

Page 21 of 25 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top