Join for free
Page 21 of 22 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 >
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2015, 04:11 PM

Re: Disrepectul people on the forum

AlbertaS i agree with you wholeheartedly if people are not inteterested in the subject that is being discussed then leave the thread there is no need whatsoever to start slagging the poster.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2015, 04:36 PM

With respect Meg, Nasty people will always be nasty people, but I still don't understand your meaning of upset? Are you saying that posters who get upset because their view has been challenged should no longer be allowed to post on the forum? To be truthful, I have rarely come across many people who get upset over their post being challenged. Even the person who has been put down is usually capable of standing up a little for themselves, I do however often see that when someone has been rude to other posters or are intent on putting them down, then the poster has every right to be upset !!

In my opinion there is a great difference between someone being upset because their view has been challenged and someone being picked on by forum school yard type bullies !!.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2015, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Hi Meg, your last paragraph, maybe I misunderstood your meaning ?
I took that to mean that if being on a forum adversely affects you i.e. upsets you then perhaps you are better off not being on the forum. As you said, you have broad shoulders, but some don't and what's the point of carrying on on a forum if participating leads to upset?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2015, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
I took that to mean that if being on a forum adversely affects you i.e. upsets you then perhaps you are better off not being on the forum. As you said, you have broad shoulders, but some don't and what's the point of carrying on on a forum if participating leads to upset?
But forum life shouldn't be so hard as it sometimes is, I have had several occasions where I was hoping the person who had decided to bully me will move on, why should I who have been upset leave so the bully can carry on ? I am not alone many people on forums feel like that. When just one person can ruin it for several people it seems unfair the upset people have to leave so the bully can have their way.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2015, 04:47 PM

Well, what with the forums apparently being better off without the posters who are not able to accept opposing views without getting upset and the ones who are being put down, what does that leave us with? how boring! the yes gang........
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2015, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Those who can not accept a differing view from their own without becoming upset or getting nasty really should stay off forums.
...I can understand your statement saying that nasty people should stay off forums -
Where did I say that SG
C'mon Meg, admit it. She gotcha !
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2015, 05:55 PM

Hi Meg, your last paragraph, maybe I misunderstood your meaning ?
I can't say SG I don't live in your mind..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2015, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
C'mon Meg, admit it. She gotcha !
Nothing to 'get' Ps , I expressed an opinions which people can take or leave...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

10-08-2015, 05:58 PM

I took that to mean that if being on a forum adversely affects you i.e. upsets you then perhaps you are better off not being on the forum.
Quite so Ania

I said...
Originally Posted by Meg
For me most of us onsite are just friends chatting informally with nothing to prove and sometimes we may agree, other times we have differing opinions but as friends we appreciate that and are not offended.
Those who can not accept a differing view from their own without becoming upset or getting nasty really should stay off forums
I really didn't think my posts was so difficult to understand
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2015, 06:06 PM

Nothing to 'get' Ps , I expressed an opinions which people can take or leave...
Aww c'mon now, Meg.
You made a statement.
Shroppy responded.
You implied that you had never made said statement.("Where did I say THAT"?)
Shroppy proved that you had.

Grovel.

Page 21 of 22 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top