Join for free
Page 21 of 46 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 > Last »
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2011, 06:43 PM

Re: The 2011/2012 Football Season - Fans Thread

If the Suarez/Evra case went to court it would have been thrown out as a 'Hearsay' case so how the FA could decide a Guilty verdict is a laugh.

John Terry on the other hand had several people who heard what went on.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2011, 09:09 PM

My only hope is that all the bandwagon jumpers who are appearing with regular monotony don't sway any decisions in both cases. I suppode everyone has got their own views on both the Terry and Suarez incidents but I will be most interested to see how 'justice' will be seen to be done.

Back to last nights Prem results

Aston Villa 1-2 Arsenal
Everton 1-0 Swansea
Fulham 0-5 Man Utd
Man City 3-0 Stoke
Newcastle 2-3 West Brom
QPR 2-3 Sunderland
Wigan 0-0 Liverpool

Yet again Liverpool falter against so called inferior teams and things weren't helped by another goalkeeping master class as a Charlie Adam penalty was saved. Both Manchester clubs won at a canter and City will be top at Christmas for the first time since 1929.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

25-12-2011, 07:04 PM

Not had time to look in detail at the Boxing Day fixtures for our clubs but these are the relevant ones as published.

Games to be played on Monday, 26 December 2011

Liverpool v Blackburn, 15:00

Birmingham v West Ham, 17:30

Lincoln City v Grimsby, 13:00

Stenhousemuir v Cowdenbeath, 15:00

Good luck to all our teams in what must be the halfway point in the season for most.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

27-12-2011, 05:42 PM

The results of the Boxing day fixtures are as follows,

Liverpool 1-1 Blackburn

Birmingham 1-1 West Ham

Lincoln City 1-2 Grimsby

Stenhousemuir 0-2 Cowdenbeath
Have not had time to report in detail but if there is any interest I will start again in the new year.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2011, 04:39 PM

With Luis Suarez serving a one match ban for flicking a finger at opposition supporters Liverpool decided to keep the ball away from the wood work as much as possible and ended up with a Friday evening 3-1 victory over Newcastle, let's hope that the annoying habit of drawing at Anfield has been well and truly put to rest. Poor old Daniel Agger put through his own net but goals from Craig Bellamy(2) and substitute Steven Gerrard soon put matters right, the club skipper still looks a bit rusty but the way he took his goal was pure magic, now it's to be hoped that the Reds can get a decent result against Manchester City next Tuesday at the Etihad Stadium, a big ask but you never know.
I have just been watching Manchester United entertaining Blackburn Rovers on what was manager Sir Alec Ferguson's 70th birthday but no joy for him as Rovers came away with all 3 points, winning 3-2 to stop United going top of the table.
May I wish all contributors a very happy 2012.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 06:46 PM

Great result for Liverpool Bob. My Phil would have loved it. Lets hope they can make the Champions League for next season

Sunderland beat Man City in the dying seconds of extra time woohoo
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

01-01-2012, 10:53 PM

We are now at the half-distance as far as the season goes and it all looks fair for some interesting races to the finish in both the Prem and in other places.
This last few days have proved once again that there are yet a few surprises to be had and for a notable few the slippery pole has just been greased again.

The bottom of the prem makes a sight for sore eyes if you happen to be a supporter of a Northwest football club and in all honesty I cannot see a way out for at least two of the bottom three.
I would think that Blackburn and Wigan will take the long drop and perm any one from three from the bowels of the league.

I feel sorry for both Steve Kean and Roberto Martinez.
Kean, because he has had little to work with and yet he has so nearly made it work. Given the time and the resources he would sort it as the recent match against ManU showed.
Sadly the paying fans think someone else would save them, which I doubt.

As for Martinez, he is a genuinely nice, fair minded and talented manager and hopefully he will be snapped up by a quality side as he does not deserve to languish in the relegation zone. More than that, working for the extremely odious Mr Whelan must be a cross that is hard to bear.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

02-01-2012, 06:18 PM

Gary Ablett, the ex Liverpool defender has died at the age of 46.He had been fighting Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma for the past 16 months.

Gary played for the Reds as well as Everton, Birmingham City, Blackpool and a brief sojourn with the American side the Long Island Rough Riders.
He also enjoyed loan spells with amongst others, Derby County, Sheffield United and Hull City.

His managerial career had started out at Stockport County but he had just joined the coaching staff at Ipswich when he first became ill.

A quiet unassuming man who was very good at what he did without making a song and dance about it. He should have made the England senior squad but sadly never did although he did make the B team. He was one of those players that could be pencilled in first on any team sheet, a dedicated team player and the epitome of professionalism.

Rest In Peace Gary, called to another squad far to early.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK

04-01-2012, 06:26 PM

Yes, Gary Ablett was a well liked man on and off the pitch and will be sorely missed by lots of people, an unassuming guy with a great love for the sport he so richly graced. RIP.

I see my favourites once again flattered only to deceive, going down to Man City by 3-0 but to be fair to them, it's not often that Pepe Reina makes such a blunder as he did to let in the first goal, a real soft one and for me the City penalty which resulted in the third goal was very harsh to say the least but having said that, it is blatantly obvious that the reds have not got a really good goal scorer on parade at present so this topsy turvy form of theirs seems set to continue!
Not a lot to Cheer you up either John, back to back losses to Grimsby, oh dear!
Hammer and Jim can afford a smile or two methinks, well done lads.

HAPPY NEW YEAR everybody
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2012, 06:55 PM

A smile indeed Bob!, I see my beloved long suffering underdogs poised on top of div. 2 and it has rewarded my patience and filled my heart with pride. Bless all involved in this great achievement!.
Thank you Bob and Hammer, and a very happy and healthy new year to you and your families.

Page 21 of 46 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top