Join for free
Page 22 of 33 « First < 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 > Last »
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2013, 01:08 PM

Re: Margret Thatcher

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Why is the pro and anti argument all centred around numbers, no one seems bothered about the social impact of political change.
Its because it happened and we have to get on with it.

For some of us who lived through it and suffered one way or the other we want to state are side in the debate.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2013, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
Its because it happened and we have to get on with it.

For some of us who lived through it and suffered one way or the other we want to state are side in the debate.
Also what can/should a government do about it all. Many of these things were going to happen whoever was in power it just happened Maggie had the guts to do it. But IMO private companies should have stepped up to provide employment that isn't what we elect governments to do.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2013, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Yes, she did. Labour is responsible for you being owned by Europe: http://www.heritage.org/research/rep...ns-sovereignty - pay particular attention to this bit: 'The next Prime Minister, if Brown is replaced, should heed the words of Lady Thatcher, who wrote in her seminal book Statecraft: "That such an unnecessary and irrational project as building a European superstate was ever embarked upon will seem in future years to be perhaps the greatest folly of the modern era."[4] The Iron Lady's instincts are right: Common sense must prevail, and the British people should have the freedom to reject an Orwellian vision of Europe's future in favor of the principles of sovereignty and freedom.'

Another reason for Britain's proverty and inability to weather the financial collapse is this little incident - also Labour's fault: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...rown-told.html

With Labour is in power, it often leaves Britain on the brink of collapse. How you can defend them is a complete mystery to me - they do this nearly every time. They simply buy the patriotism of the British in a way that they can't sustain, hence the ridiculous selling frenzies they go through to support the bribes.

Karen darlin' - go read my 'profile' more carefully!!! - I have NEVER defended Bliar or Brown. It might interest you to know that during the referendum I voted 'NO' in respect of what was then the Common Market and my views on it haven't changed in the intervening years, but that doesn't detract from my utter hatred of Thatcher (phth, phth, phth) and yes I will be toasting and celebrating on Wednesday and singing along with many thousands of others during her funeral.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2013, 04:38 PM

She was a bit 'spaced out' to refer to Nelson Mandella as a 'terrorist '
To 'ignore' the Argentine documented 'peace plan' and whilst the Belgrano was heading back - attack that ship....
But - as I said previously altho I am not a fan - I will not be celebrating and detest the juvenile nature of the people that will be. To air a view on her is one thing - to be inane - another...
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2013, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Karen darlin' - go read my 'profile' more carefully!!! - I have NEVER defended Bliar or Brown. It might interest you to know that during the referendum I voted 'NO' in respect of what was then the Common Market and my views on it haven't changed in the intervening years, but that doesn't detract from my utter hatred of Thatcher (phth, phth, phth) and yes I will be toasting and celebrating on Wednesday and singing along with many thousands of others during her funeral.
If that is what you will do on Wednesday Joe then you are a disgrace to the human race, as are others who do the same.
A decent human celebrates the life of the dead, gutter snipes celebrate the death.
Margaret Thatcher did more good for the country than any Union or Labour politician, she controlled the millitants and reduced Ministers salaries, for that alone she should be praised.
Shame on you Joe. What will you feel when someone, and I am sure there are some people, who dance on your grave?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2013, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
If that is what you will do on Wednesday Joe then you are a disgrace to the human race, as are others who do the same.
A decent human celebrates the life of the dead, gutter snipes celebrate the death.
Margaret Thatcher did more good for the country than any Union or Labour politician, she controlled the millitants and reduced Ministers salaries, for that alone she should be praised.
Shame on you Joe. What will you feel when someone, and I am sure there are some people, who dance on your grave?

Since I'll be dead - I don't give a toss.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

15-04-2013, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
She was a bit 'spaced out' to refer to Nelson Mandella as a 'terrorist '
To 'ignore' the Argentine documented 'peace plan' and whilst the Belgrano was heading back - attack that ship....
But - as I said previously altho I am not a fan - I will not be celebrating and detest the juvenile nature of the people that will be. To air a view on her is one thing - to be inane - another...

Pat darlin' - you've also forgotten her friendship with that lovely little Fascist Dictator - General Pinochet - who should also have been tried for crimes against humanity in the International Criminal Court in the Hague, but was prevented from being deported by Thatcher's (phth, phth, phth) intevention.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2013, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Since I'll be dead - I don't give a toss.
Typical low life reply.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2013, 05:09 PM

I remember the Pinochet business...
All polititians are underhand and get way above themselves - she was no exception... I have called time (for myself) on this thread - it may cause ill feeling amongst us - dont want that - when its simply a case that half like her - half of us do not.... So what, at the end of it all....
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2013, 05:16 PM

I have to say UJ that bigotry and hatreds are passed down from generation to generation. We look to our elders to wipe away intolerance. Why, if my dad were still alive I would be encouraged to hate most of Europe and all of my dark skinned brothers and sisters. He was a bigoted racist and when he died it was me that danced on his grave.

When talking about dancing on a grave you need to actually be able to do it otherwise it means nothing. I danced on my dads grave and I would do it again he believed in everything that I believe is wrong. That's the kind of person to dance on. I couldn't dance on anyone's anything at the moment but I do put myself out to make sure that when my time comes no one will hate me enough to be glad that I am dead. Really that is a dreadful thing your saying there.

Page 22 of 33 « First < 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top