Join for free
Page 22 of 33 « First < 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 > Last »
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 01:08 PM

Re: Senior Home Office official QUITS after vicious rows with Priti Patel

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Priti Patel faces axe in reshuffle over ‘competence’

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/p...ence-csbxdggt3

Of course, some FM's will dismiss this as "gossip" but they said the same about Cummings ...... and now he's gone ......
It should be dismissed for what it is.

An attempt at bullying a minister out of their job.
Incredible!
"Multiple sources" indeed !
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Is there any chance of you debating the subject at hand rather than trying to decry the disseminator of information?
You know; play the ball - not the man?

It's a surefire sign that you have no reasoned argument when you must resort to personal comments rather than the subject at hand.

For somebody that doesn't care you seem determined to participate and to be somewhat odious in your responses too.
You're obviously hurting at my pointing out the obvious, which is (again) that sensible, sane people are capable of recognizing that weasle words are not conclusive evidence.
If you don't like that being pointed out to you I politely suggest you try not dishing out unpleasantness.
In your case the truth obviously hurts.

Basing your argument upon pure supposition - which the whole report seems to be - was never going to end well.
As obstructive, disingenuous civil servants are beginning to find out.
At long last.

You are a pretty obnoxious disagreeable chap yourself who thinks he knows it all aren't you. Clearly you despise anyone disagreeing with your opinion for that is all it is .... your own opinion.
Not fact.
Possibly this bellicose style of interaction with others is Patel's modus operandi too and that's why you can both support and relate to her. It does, one has to admit, often produce the desired result.

On my part I stand by what I said ... the resultant decision by Boris on this has set a precedent for anyone pursuing a tribunal for bullying in the workplace.
In the future anyone about to make any allegation will have to think twice. Shouting and swearing is apparently now acceptable.
It's not open minded or even fair minded or impartial to support the bully purely because you have a low opinion of the victims she allegedly bullied. I say allegedly as you seem to be in some doubt as to whether she was.

Anything else was just for my own curiosity to see how far you could be 'wound up and set off running ' .. and you did not disappoint. Your debating style is rather the backroom lawyer type. As a rule, for that reason, you're best avoided and left to strut and pontificate in the enclosure of your own mind.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I thought they were freezing pay rises for the public sector. It's MPs who awarded themselves a pay rise.
Not according to Annalise Dodds who is calling for it along with the unions.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
You are a pretty obnoxious disagreeable chap yourself who thinks he knows it all aren't you. Clearly you despise anyone disagreeing with your opinion for that is all it is .... your own opinion.
Not fact.
Possibly this bellicose style of interaction with others is Patel's modus operandi too and that's why you can both support and relate to her. It does, one has to admit, often produce the desired result.

On my part I stand by what I said ... the resultant decision by Boris on this has set a precedent for anyone pursuing a tribunal for bullying in the workplace.
In the future anyone about to make any allegation will have to think twice. Shouting and swearing is apparently now acceptable.
It's not open minded or even fair minded or impartial to support the bully purely because you have a low opinion of the victims she allegedly bullied. I say allegedly as you seem to be in some doubt as to whether she was.

Anything else was just for my own curiosity to see how far you could be 'wound up and set off running ' .. and you did not disappoint. Your debating style is rather the backroom lawyer type. As a rule, for that reason, you're best avoided and left to strut and pontificate in the enclosure of your own mind.

Ooo! Get you!

Bullying comes in many forms, being passive aggressive is one that the institutionally embedded are frequently Pastmasters at. A very good way of dealing with passive aggressive underlings is to "rip them a new one". It leaves them two options. Either engage with your boss at the same level, something most simply can't, or get out of the firing line.

Ms Patel did good. Very good.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 01:41 PM

Ah, Rudd, who resigned as Home Secretary after misleading the Home Affairs Select Committee on deportation targets .....

What a whinger ..... she should "grow a pair", a phrase some of our esteemed members have used in relation to Patel, who, presumably has a pair .....
More of the mess labour left behind on their immigration policy. I'm not surprised the challenge has taken so long, especially when the useless cretins in the civil service won't do their job or what they are told.

I seem to remember Gordon Brown throwing staplers at them, but thats Ok by the hypocritical lying left
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Rudds 'officials' were clearly not doing their job...what's the betting many are all still in their highly paid jobs and not supporting Patel ...
Well, Patel's on her way out, anyway - she can take her bullying CV to her next job ..... and upset another set of Civil Servants and breach another Ministerial Code .....
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

22-11-2020, 01:43 PM

Well, Patel's on her way out, anyway - she can take her bullying CV to her next job ..... and upset another set of Civil Servants and breach another Ministerial Code .....
You might want to consider that if she is replaced, who replaces her.

As usual you don't think things through.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Not according to Annalise Dodds who is calling for it along with the unions.
They are proposing a freeze on public sector pay which includes key workers such as police and teachers. This is after freezing these salaries for years and then saying they would raise them. A u turn after saying key workers are oh so important. The only exemption will be doctors and nurses in frontline NHS services, but apparently not paramedics. So yes you would expect the opposition to make a deal of it.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
You might want to consider that if she is replaced, who replaces her.

As usual you don't think things through.
Bring back Amber Rudd.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Ooo! Get you!

Bullying comes in many forms, being passive aggressive is one that the institutionally embedded are frequently Pastmasters at. A very good way of dealing with passive aggressive underlings is to "rip them a new one". It leaves them two options. Either engage with your boss at the same level, something most simply can't, or get out of the firing line.

Ms Patel did good. Very good.
But why do you think she did good?

Because civil servants need a stick of dynamite up them?

Page 22 of 33 « First < 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top