Join for free
Page 23 of 33 « First < 13 21 22 23 24 25 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2013, 05:29 PM

Re: Margret Thatcher

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Typical low life reply.
Since my 'will' determines that my ashes will be scattered at sea, you're welcome to come and dance on my grave Bob.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2013, 08:48 PM

Something sad about all this is people I have known (and I am sure I am not alone) have turned out to be the sort of people I would cross the road to avoid as they are so full of hatred and vitriol, they just drip it at the moment.

Some people I will find it hard to ever look at the same again
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2013, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Since my 'will' determines that my ashes will be scattered at sea, you're welcome to come and dance on my grave Bob.
Joe, As evil as your heros , Hitler, Stalin, Lenin, Cromwell, Kahn, Mussolini were I would not dance on their grave.

I respect people with principals who stick to them, right or wrong, but I loathe people who speak ill of the dead.

If you can not say anything nice about a person then say nothing, silence speaks volumes.

Criticising the dead shows how low life people are.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2013, 09:15 PM

If that is what you will do on Wednesday Joe then you are a disgrace to the human race, as are others who do the same.
A decent human celebrates the life of the dead, gutter snipes celebrate the death.
Margaret Thatcher did more good for the country than any Union or Labour politician, she controlled the millitants and reduced Ministers salaries, for that alone she should be praised.
Shame on you Joe. What will you feel when someone, and I am sure there are some people, who dance on your grave?
At least Geoff isn't a hypocrite, he has felt that way before her death in fact ever since he heard of her.
Calling him low life is a bit rich, he is entitled to his opinion.
So I suppose you think we should have, shown respect for Hitler, Hussein and so on.
No Bob you are wrong this time.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2013, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
At least Geoff isn't a hypocrite, he has felt that way before her death in fact ever since he heard of her.
So I suppose you think we should have, shown respect for Hitler, Hussein and so on.
Arthur, I did not say anything about showing respect, yes Joe and everyone is entitled to an opinion as I am about what I think is Low life.

Hitler was Joe,s hero not mine and although I detested everything that people like him stand for I would not try to create something that did not happen which most of those who decry Maggie are doing.

As I could not say anything nice about Hitler I would keep silent, that is not showing respect.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2013, 09:44 PM

Its alright Arthur matey, I've been insulted before by experts at it - this is just yet another one - - water off a duck's back to me.

Something sad about all this is people I have known (and I am sure I am not alone) have turned out to be the sort of people I would cross the road to avoid as they are so full of hatred and vitriol, they just drip it at the moment.

Some people I will find it hard to ever look at the same again. Julie 1962.

Julie, perhaps you need to look at yourself and not your friends, perhaps they are wondering at you why you are NOT angry about Thatcher (phth, phth, phth). It would seem your friends had a 'rough' time because of Thatcher (phth, phth,phth) and have every right to be indignant and angry at her and are wondering why you are not.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2013, 09:50 PM

Arthur, I did not say anything about showing respect, yes Joe and everyone is entitled to an opinion as I am about what I think is Low life.

Hitler was Joe,s hero not mine and although I detested everything that people like him stand for I would not try to create something that did not happen which most of those who decry Maggie are doing.

As I could not say anything nice about Hitler I would keep silent, that is not showing respect.
Bob would Thatcher have thrown eggs or tramped the dirt down on any union leaders graves
I think she would have said, she would have stuck to her strong principles.
In fact one of her closest aides said, she would have expected it and been disappointed if they didn't.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

15-04-2013, 10:00 PM

Bob, you seemingly have a very poor appreciation of history. Adolph Hitler was NEVER a hero of mine. In fact I do not have 'heroes' since I do not believe in personality cults at all. Adolph Hitler is an anathema to me, since his idealogy is diametrically opposite to my own ethical beliefs.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2013, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Its alright Arthur matey, I've been insulted before by experts at it - this is just yet another one - - water off a duck's back to me.

Some people I will find it hard to ever look at the same again. Julie 1962.

Julie, perhaps you need to look at yourself and not your friends, perhaps they are wondering at you why you are NOT angry about Thatcher (phth, phth, phth). It would seem your friends had a 'rough' time because of Thatcher (phth, phth,phth) and have every right to be indignant and angry at her and are wondering why you are not.
It isn't about having a rough time or not it's about human decency. Why would I be angry about an old woman who has died so many years after being in power. The time to have been angry was when she was alive and the time to just stay silent if you don't like her is now. Just common decency.

And how many people angry actually lived through the days before Thatcher ? I remember my youngest sibling not being able to be buried for weeks, rubbish mountain and rats in my village, and the 3 day week seeing my grandfather almost cry he was so worried how he would pay our rent with his wages cut in half. Now that is what I am angry about but did I show that anger when the leaders of the time died ? No I stayed silent and allowed that they were probably doing what they thought was right at the time and felt sorry for their families loss.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

16-04-2013, 08:36 AM

Bob would Thatcher have thrown eggs or tramped the dirt down on any union leaders graves
I think she would have said, she would have stuck to her strong principles.
In fact one of her closest aides said, she would have expected it and been disappointed if they didn't.
Mrs Thatcher would never have been so undignified. That's what is getting to me people's lack of dignity I think.

Page 23 of 33 « First < 13 21 22 23 24 25 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top