Join for free
Page 23 of 25 « First < 13 21 22 23 24 25 >
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 06:35 PM

Re: Future of the Monarchy

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The aristocracy has different rules to us plebs.

His long term girlfriend was at the funeral and the Queen did not bat an eyelid at it.

Prince Charles bred out with Diana, it is what they do.

Camila was the love of his life and her husband accepted that.

He did well out of it.
Wait...what??

Are you talking about philips girlfriend, Swimmy? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick? Who was it?
Edit: Its ok, I looked it up...read a few stories - bit of a ladies man, it seems!
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
The Royal Mail isn't quite the same, though.

Members of the armed forces: the Royal Navy, the Army (most regiments have a 'Royal' prefix somewhere), the Royal Air Force, and the Royal Marines; all swear allegiance to the Queen.

Royal icing isn't made by or warranted by the queen; neither is royal jelly, or the Royal Oak pub down the road.
The Royal London has no relationship with anything relating to our royal family either and there are countless other examples.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Sorry cinders but when you say many historians what does that mean ?
It’s just speculation be they historians or road sweepers .
Mumps does not automatically make men infertile .
A lot of history is speculative rather than factual, nobody can know the reason he did not father children. Historians tend to make assertions when there is no proof.

Road sweepers?

A heavy smoker that might have been a contributing factor. He died of throat cancer.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 07:47 PM

Hi

The aristocracy has different rules to us plebs.

His long term girlfriend was at the funeral and the Queen did not bat an eyelid at it.

He did well out of it.
I must admit the Queen was really dignified about that .
Charles could have married Camilla but her reputation was not that good and she was not ‘top drawer’ .
Andrew Parker Bowles was quite a catch at the time being quite dashing and very rich .
He has always kept quiet and remarried himself after they divorced .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
A lot of history is speculative rather than factual, nobody can know the reason he did not father children. Historians tend to make assertions when there is no proof.

Road sweepers?

A heavy smoker that might have been a contributing factor. He died of throat cancer.
Could be but his brother the queens father died of cancer too and he had two children .
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 08:26 PM

https://www.theweek.co.uk/76816/did-...ate-french-son

A 70-year-old Swiss-Frenchman claims his father was the illegitimate child of Edward, Prince of Wales - later Edward VIII - and a Parisian seamstress.

Francois Graftieaux writes how a chance remark about his physical resemblance to Edward inspired him to research the connection.

He says the tryst began in 1912, when Edward was staying in Paris with young French aristocrats. The royal in his memoirs mentions visiting the Luna amusement park, which was also a favourite destination of Graftieaux's grandmother, Marie-Leonie.

Marie-Leonie gave birth to a son, Pierre-Edouard Graftieaux, in 1916, but the "father" section on his birth certificate was left blank and she never revealed his identity. However, a platinum and diamond bracelet passed down to Graftieaux's mother when he was born suggests a surprising link to the British royal family.

The bracelet is reportedly identical to one Edward had made for Wallis Simpson, the US divorcee for whom he abdicated in 1936, after less than a year on the throne.

He apparently designed the bejewelled bracelet to feature a "discreetly hidden timepiece so that Wallis Simpson could tell the time at functions without appearing rude to guests", the Daily Telegraph reports.

An affair with the royal would also account for how his seamstress grandmother came into enough money to open her own fashion house in 1916, eventually becoming one of France's most sought-after designers under the name Marcelle Dormoy.

"I believe a secret contract was agreed in which she received money in exchange for her silence on the matter," Graftieaux said. He told the Telegraph he has sent a letter to the Queen to request a DNA test.

"I'm not asking for their love nor their money, nor indeed any power," he added. "I just want to know if my origins, even illegitimate, are to be found here."
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
They could just swear allegiance to the country the same as other countries without royalty do.
But they don't want to.

I wouldn't either, the way the country's going.

And if, in the future, the UK rejoins the EU (spit, spit), do you think anyone would swear allegiance to the country?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

19-04-2021, 09:28 PM

Why wouldn't they want to ?
Not all service men are died in the wool royalists .
french soldiers don’t swear allegiance to the EU do they ?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 10:24 PM

He did well out of it.
Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Wait...what??

Are you talking about philips girlfriend, Swimmy? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick? Who was it?
Edit: Its ok, I looked it up...read a few stories - bit of a ladies man, it seems!
When I first saw that I jumped to the conclusion that Phil's girlfriend was Camilla! It's bad enough that Charlie-boy fancies her, but Phil?

But then I looked it up as well and, as you say, several!

So which one was as the funeral?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
When I first saw that I jumped to the conclusion that Phil's girlfriend was Camilla! It's bad enough that Charlie-boy fancies her, but Phil?

But then I looked it up as well and, as you say, several!

So which one was as the funeral?
Hi

The long term, most discrete one.

She is absolutely lovely.

Page 23 of 25 « First < 13 21 22 23 24 25 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top