Join for free
View Poll Results: What do you want to happen by end of year?
Deal 3 14.29%
No Deal 15 71.43%
Extension of transition 3 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Page 23 of 31 « First < 13 21 22 23 24 25 > Last »
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2020, 07:26 PM

Re: Deal before Year End?

Originally Posted by JBR ->

He isn't the sharpest tool in the box, is he?

I think that, if this deal turns out not to have any hidden stumbling blocks, that Boris might be sure of retaining a Conservative majority in 2024.

If he then abolishes the House of Lords, the Supreme Court and the compulsory TV licence, there's a very good chance he and his party will be in power for many more years afterwards.
I have to agree.
Even before the deal Starmer's popularity was very low and his likelihood of leading the country were very slim, and it serves the dithering slimeball right too.

Boris stands a very good chance of becoming very popular among the electorate if - in addition to proving Brexit to be beneficial - the promised reforms to procurement, the civil service and the HoL become reality.
What we have seen so far on the first two is promising; as for the third, we can hope.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2020, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I also see Theresa May is in favour of of the deal, which is a bad
sign !!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
But we know from the recent past that she only says what she thinks people want to hear, so I discount anything she says.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2020, 07:42 PM

The SNP are very quiet
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2020, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
But we know from the recent past that she only says what she thinks people want to hear, so I discount anything she says.
I was just jokin Zaph !

Donkeyman! 👍👍
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2020, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The SNP are very quiet
No! Nicola still says the Scottish people are being dragged out of
EU against their will ???

Donkeyman! 😀😀
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2020, 08:25 PM

I have to agree.
Even before the deal Starmer's popularity was very low and his likelihood of leading the country were very slim, and it serves the dithering slimeball right too.

Boris stands a very good chance of becoming very popular among the electorate if - in addition to proving Brexit to be beneficial - the promised reforms to procurement, the civil service and the HoL become reality.
What we have seen so far on the first two is promising; as for the third, we can hope.
The promise to rejuvenate the North East fishing communities will also go some way to repaying those of the `Red Wall` who turned their backs on Labour and voted for the Conservatives for the first time since the 1980s.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2020, 08:26 PM

The SNP are very quiet
Well be quiet and don't wake them up!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2020, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
The promise to rejuvenate the North East fishing communities will also go some way to repaying those of the `Red Wall` who turned their backs on Labour and voted for the Conservatives for the first time since the 1980s.

The commercials are already up in arms because the UK is allowing the EU fleet access to the 6/12 mile limits.

Personally I'm waiting to see how the fisheries bill and zonal attachment determine what the quotas are exactly.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2020, 08:39 PM

Given their tone in the latter stages, if that does indeed come to pass I would expect such outcry that extreme measures to counter those actions would be the response.
As in siezing ships together with huge fines, with the support of the EU as a bonus.
Perhaps that's why Boris announced the four new RN patrol vessels beforehand. Perhaps he knows them!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2020, 08:42 PM

The SNP are very quiet
Impossible!

Page 23 of 31 « First < 13 21 22 23 24 25 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top