Join for free
Page 23 of 46 « First < 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 10:59 PM

Re: Sarah Everard

I'm not quite sure what they are trying to achieve by demonstrating.

The world has been around a long long time and there has always been murders and rapes. Even in the animal kingdom rape is a regular occurance, the male just has it's mucky way whenever it feels like it. Of course I realise man is supposed to be civilised but not all human species are civilised. It's common sense not to go out in the dark alone as a woman because there are predators out there, we all know that. Of course it shouldn't be like that but this is how it is. I can't see how demonstrations by women are going to change the behaviour of predators, sick in the head rapists and murderers. To say place a curfew on men after 6pm was a ridiculous statement, that's like saying every man out there is a potential threat to women, that's not the case.

I think there always has been and always will be rapists and murderers. No one 'looks' like a murderer either, most look pretty normal even some with charming good looks such as Ted Bundy, Richard Rimerez. If these men can't control their urges we can't stop them doing the dreadful deed.

I have to say I was, like everyone, really saddened to hear about the young beautiful woman Sarah but I am not quite sure what make Sarah so different to all the other murdered people out there who go in some cases unreported. Unless of course it is because a policeman is the guilty one.

One policemans evil doing and all police are being persecuted. I'm seeing so much vitriol about the police, if I were in the force I think I would quit and think what is the point.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 11:12 PM

Yep LQ, its all bonkers, Ladies seem to gather to feel some sort of collective identity, blokes gather to spot trains etc etc. There are many folks out there that don't do either, therein lies the problem, there are people who can't be legislated for, been here for decades, nothing new.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->

I have to say I was, like everyone, really saddened to hear about the young beautiful woman Sarah but I am not quite sure what make Sarah so different to all the other murdered people out there who go in some cases unreported. Unless of course it is because a policeman is the guilty one.
I think the frenzy started before they knew a policeman was involved. So it's just puzzling that this particular case was targeted but like others have said there does seem to be a political agenda at play. It's a shame that it's turning into such a circus because the family should be allowed to grieve in dignity and privacy.

Of course now a policeman is involved it's turned even more political and goodness knows why they didn't just let the dratted protest go ahead. It's all outdoors and most were wearing masks so why on earth did they not make it official including covid safety precautions rather than the fiasco last night. Seems that it's any excuse now for having a pop at anyone and everyone. I'm sure there are heated meetings going on behind the scenes as to why they didn't just let it go ahead. Big mistake now we will never hear the end of it.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Yep LQ, its all bonkers, Ladies seem to gather to feel some sort of collective identity, blokes gather to spot trains etc etc. There are many folks out there that don't do either, therein lies the problem, there are people who can't be legislated for, been here for decades, nothing new.
It is all very hormonal spitty. I can't help but see it as hypocritical. Sorry if others disagree.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 11:34 PM

Its all hypocritical, its getting harder avoiding the syndrome.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
So it's more about women's rights than the unfortunate death of Sarah Muddy. Much the same as the BLM using George Floyds death to air their grievances. Are people not hijacking these murders to push their own agendas.
Yes ,in a word ! Take a look at this video filmed today . https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...LSFvZFXZLr9Jxg
This protest was against the policing of yesterday’s vigil at Clapham Common , went peaceably enough with the gathering of thousands in Parliament Square and was carried out with the police standing back .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

15-03-2021, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Yes ,in a word ! Take a look at this video filmed today . https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...LSFvZFXZLr9Jxg
This protest was against the policing of yesterday’s vigil at Clapham Common , went peaceably enough with the gathering of thousands in Parliament Square and was carried out with the police standing back .
No doubt the result of heated debates behind closed doors after last night's social media. Just goes to show how much power social media weilds.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Very true. Plus for quite a few of them it looks good on their social media pages.
How do you know that ?
Truthfully how many women do you know who want to look good on their social media pages ?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

15-03-2021, 01:17 AM

Do we have to personally know social media influencers to be able to comment on that Muddy?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It is all very hormonal spitty. I can't help but see it as hypocritical. Sorry if others disagree.
Don’t be sorry everyone is entitled to their opinion .
For a woman to say it’s all hormonal sounds terrible .
I am old but not old enough not to feel passion and emotion.
Some things come from the heart not from hormones .

Page 23 of 46 « First < 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top