Join for free
Page 231 of 1676 « First < 131 181 221 229 230 231 232 233 241 281 331 731 1231 > Last »
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2017, 05:33 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Rumour has it he ran off with the barmaid from The Plough and the Garter, that Uncle Vivian was a bad influence on him as a lad, he has a lot to answer for that sea faring scoundrel.
Ran off with the barmaid? what tosh.
I don''t run anywhere these days, nor has my computer of late. Oddly enough it had to be rebooted.

thinks........... re boot...shoes .running ........... off. with barmaid......... nah..
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2017, 06:35 PM

Well it’s nice to hear from you again young bean, you were badly missed.
Anything can happen when you hit 70 so if you see a long absence from me you’ll know I went on to higher things and that’s finally it, what’s this you say “Is that all there is?”
I’m be satisfled in the knowledge that I did me best and never harmed a living soul intentionally.

Ah the old booting up thing, many’s the boot up the arse I got from me old dad God rest him, gave me a great start…out the door.
The thing about computers is you can never fully rely on them no matter how much you pay for one, until they get something that will conduct electricity 100% without loss there will always be problems with heat, it’s the wastage that causes the heat according to a program on BBC4 I watched recently, I believe a material called graphite (I think that’s what it's called) holds great possibilities, plus the fact that it’s very cheap.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2017, 11:21 PM

yes I was involved in a fight with a mate called graff once and he came very cheap I can tell you - wonderful to see you again RJ so erudite if you don't mind me flaying! did any of your clan walk the boards at all?

some in the family tells the story of my great great grandfather having run off with the takings from the off license he managed in London took the family to Southampton or Portsmouth and did a song and dance act with his kids for a living before settling in the 'pool and propagated the rest of us!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2017, 06:39 AM

Run off with Takings!!!!!!, settling in the Pool!!!!!!!.

Pond Life???????
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2017, 06:49 AM

well I'm now across the pond -in fact using the bigpond to talk to you right now - heh just had a feckin idea - we could in this modern age get all us tuned into skype and have a unreal discussion - now I think spittie and thug would be the ones to organize that - I have my skype name ready and waiting - oh dear how exciting !
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2017, 06:52 AM

Not now Gummy, I ain't put me face on yet!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

15-05-2017, 07:20 AM

just talk to us through the back of ya head - you usually do!
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2017, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
well I'm now across the pond -in fact using the bigpond to talk to you right now - heh just had a feckin idea - we could in this modern age get all us tuned into skype and have a unreal discussion - now I think spittie and thug would be the ones to organize that - I have my skype name ready and waiting - oh dear how exciting !
I don't think I would be anything but a disappointment in the flesh. So I decline to risk my cred on skype. Thanks all the same gummy.

In case you are wondering what you are missing I have the looks of Rock Hudson, the voice of Gregory Peck & the mind of Stephen Hawking. the humour of ..........oh whats the use of terminological inexactitudes in May 14th 2017.... fake news rules OK?
Robert Jnr.
UK

15-05-2017, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
yes I was involved in a fight with a mate called graff once and he came very cheap I can tell you - wonderful to see you again RJ so erudite if you don't mind me flaying! did any of your clan walk the boards at all?

some in the family tells the story of my great great grandfather having run off with the takings from the off license he managed in London took the family to Southampton or Portsmouth and did a song and dance act with his kids for a living before settling in the 'pool and propagated the rest of us!
Kind words Gummy.
My only claim to having rellies of a thespian bent was my dear late mother's long friendship with Ken Russell the eccentric film producer. Ken's family employed my mother for a few years, in service, at Mr. Russell's Victorian residence. After losing touch after the war they were reunited when he mentioned my mother in one of his books.
They corresponded & met up together for many years until their deaths which by an amazing coincidence occurred on exactly the same day in 2011
Robert Jnr.
UK

15-05-2017, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Human no,but animal & avian,all types and variations thereof,Jem-with amazing frequency.
T'is not a great leap of intellectual performance to see those arms are just the merest tad out of alignment,which makes loading larger skips,[ie 14/16-yard versions],just a teeeeensy bit difficile to get into correct positioning for either lifting off,or tipping. BUT-apparently it's my inefficiency and innate amateurism that is the problem,according to Captain Tightwad. Ohhhh,well....I suppose I'll just have to study my Euclidean geometry more intensely,bro.....
I must look up euclidean geometry or did you make that bit up?
A cleaner in our employ back in the 1980s, rather like Hilda Ogden, had a son who had an obsession with skips & noted their numbers and other info avidly. He eventually made a career in recycling.
His mother never knew but I was in the same class at school
as his father , a fellow of nervous disposition, later he was to commit suicide. Incidentally , the cleaner was the dead spit of the dead mans mother.
Oddly Freudian eh? Oedipus, Schmoedipus

Page 231 of 1676 « First < 131 181 221 229 230 231 232 233 241 281 331 731 1231 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top