Join for free
Page 239 of 276 « First < 139 189 229 237 238 239 240 241 249 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2019, 07:40 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

I think it's just a case of waiting. I fear the delirium more than anything cancer related. I will have contact with psychiatric services, it's just not going to be immediately...and I'm too well now to remain in hospital, which I don't want to really.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2019, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I'm to go home tomorrow. Pleased but mixed feelings about there not being a care package in place yet. The psychiatric team are arranging community support ie. I would see a CPN but at their office and they may make occasional home visits.

I've to come back for a CT scan on Tuesday and dependent on the results I might need further treatment but medically I'm well, or at least well enough to go home. I've got mixed feelings but don't really want to be in hospital anymore either.

It's the delirium I fear the most.
Ffosse, it's good to hear that you are able to return home again, it's your thoughts of what could happen on your own that is getting you so stressed.

I hope you don't mind me asking this but does your sister live very far away from you? Could she possibly visit you daily to keep a check on how you are coping? Or is there anyone else in your family who could help out by doing this occasionally?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2019, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Ffosse, it's good to hear that you are able to return home again, it's your thoughts of what could happen on your own that is getting you so stressed.

I hope you don't mind me asking this but does your sister live very far away from you? Could she possibly visit you daily to keep a check on how you are coping? Or is there anyone else in your family who could help out by doing this occasionally?
No, she lives on the other side of the city and is always busy babysitting. My closest friend is flying to London tomorrow for a few days. I'll manage. I'll make sure I keep in touch with people online.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

15-03-2019, 11:05 AM

Thanks for the links, Sweetie; I think I'm going to enquire at the council directly; I don't mind paying for care.

I'm well rested and ready to go. I've got 3 heavy bags so I'll see if one of the nurses can give me a hand getting me down to the taxi. Then it's only 20 minutes in the taxi to home.

I'd like to thank everyone who contributed to this thread during my 15 day stay in hospital - it really helped boost my morale.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 12:56 PM

Thanks for the links, Sweetie; I think I'm going to enquire at the council directly; I don't mind paying for care.

I'm well rested and ready to go. I've got 3 heavy bags so I'll see if one of the nurses can give me a hand getting me down to the taxi. Then it's only 20 minutes in the taxi to home.

I'd like to thank everyone who contributed to this thread during my 15 day stay in hospital - it really helped boost my morale.
I am glad you are going home Dreamy. X
Do be careful my lovely friend.
Yes you will have to pay, but at least it is support for what you need help with.

Keep us posted. X
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

15-03-2019, 02:07 PM

I'm still waiting for the pharmacy. They use these dossette boxes which I don't like. I prefer having my medication from a box. I'm getting a little anxious and impatient now.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

15-03-2019, 05:55 PM

So, I'm back home after struggling a bit with my packing and phoning a taxi. I wonder why though as they want me back next week.

I received a letter and I've to go for a scan next Tuesday then to be readmitted to the Ward on Wednesday. Still, they provided phone numbers of whom to phone if I'm not well over the weekend and said that if I felt at all delusional then to phone haemotology straight away.

I'm glad of the treatment I received but it has been a huge upheaval in my life, the cancers and the constant in and out of hospitals.

I've bought a frozen pizza for my tea and I have a banana drink for later. I've got a largish washing to do but am going to put it off until tomorrow morning then hang up my clothes to dry. I don't think I'll feel up to much ironing though. The space heater is on but I don't see the need to heat the whole house so I'm leaving the central heating off (if it works as it's broken down 10 times this winter).
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

15-03-2019, 05:59 PM

So, I'm back home after struggling a bit with my packing and phoningb a taxi. I wonder why though as they want me back next week.

I received a letter and I've to go for a scan next Tuesday then to be readmitted to the Ward on Wednesday. Still, they provided phone numbers of whom to phone if I'm not well over the weekend and said that if I felt at all delusional then to phone haemotology straight away.

I'm glad of the treatment I received but it has been a huge upheaval in my life, the cancers and the constant in and out of hospitals.

I've bought a frozen pizza for my tea and I have a banana drink for later.
Try to relax now you are home Dreamy.
I am praying that the scan will show positive results.
I am not keen on pizza, but you enjoy.
We are all here for you, you know that. x
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

15-03-2019, 06:01 PM

Thanks, Sweetie - it's good to know I have some online friends who care.

Page 239 of 276 « First < 139 189 229 237 238 239 240 241 249 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top