Join for free
Page 24 of 34 « First < 14 22 23 24 25 26 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2015, 06:01 PM

Re: Cliff Richard

Like alcoholics they can only be cured if they want to be, its a 'prefernce'
They are cowards that prey on the defenceless young - simple as that
My abuser was married with 6 kids - abused his kids to get his kicks
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2015, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by sparrowbjn ->
Do you need quotations from elsewhere. Just because they get it wrong when the paper is dealing with false sex accusations - doesn´t mean they can´t make something difficult easy to understand. Do you want other papers to prove my point - there are treatments which can control paedophilia

Conclusions
The theme of paedophilia is currently the subject of important research and productive debate. Recent studies on functional brain response are introducing new perspectives in the assessment of this disorder, and have relevant implications in terms of targeted treatments and prevention. Further studies are needed, with larger samples and more rigorous research methods.

Evidence based treatment and new directions
Since the 1970’s, paedophiles have been usually treated
with psychodynamic therapy, cognitive-behavioural therapy
and medical treatment, which are focused on the reduction
of sexual interest and on relapse prevention (i.e.
further offenses against children), rather than modifying
their sexual orientation towards children. As suggested
by Seto*51, and supported by recent neurodevelopmental
studies, “there is no evidence that paedophilia can be
changed”.
As suggested by Seto*51, and supported by recent neurodevelopmental studies, “there is no evidence that paedophilia can be changed”.

Which is what Patsy and I said all along.
sparrowbjn
Europe
sparrowbjn is female 

05-03-2015, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
If you believe it then fine but I don't and many people wouldn't. It's a shame Cliffs thread has turned into this because it seems to say he is guilty when we don't know whether he is or not.
CLIFF IS INNOCENT
Sorry, I have stated all along that Cliff has done nothing wrong, but we had to focus on what might have happened 30 years ago - and a "victim" had 30 years to come forward. In Denmark we find it ridiculous - there should be a statute of limitation for these cases - say 5 years. Maybe there is a conspiracy somewhere, or a set-up/cover-up, who knows - there are certainly demons.
sparrowbjn
Europe
sparrowbjn is female 

05-03-2015, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
As suggested by Seto*51, and supported by recent neurodevelopmental studies, “there is no evidence that paedophilia can be changed”.

Which is what Patsy and I said all along.
It can be controlled, which is what scientists and the Daily Mail has written.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2015, 06:08 PM

This 'is' a lost cause - and frankly ridiculous
'Everybody out' !!
sparrowbjn
Europe
sparrowbjn is female 

05-03-2015, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
'Everybody out' !!
Leave the classroom - even the silly, milly ones
sparrowbjn
Europe
sparrowbjn is female 

05-03-2015, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
If you believe it then fine but I don't and many people wouldn't. It's a shame Cliffs thread has turned into this because it seems to say he is guilty when we don't know whether he is or not.
...and I feel partly to blame, but Cliff is still innocent and I am still furious thinking about the treatment he has been subjected to - not even charged nor arrested - and this time not even interviewed. In Denmark we find it...beyong comprehension. What about Rotherham. 100% forgotten
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2015, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
'Everybody out' !!
LOL,I must say I have been enjoying the thrust and parry of this debate,but I think Our new Member likes to wind Us up a bit,and very good She is at it too...10/10 :~)
sparrowbjn
Europe
sparrowbjn is female 

05-03-2015, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
LOL,I must say I have been enjoying the thrust and parry of this debate,but I think Our new Member likes to wind Us up a bit,and very good She is at it too...10/10 :~)
...I am Danish and "thrust and parry" is a very good expression. I have never seen it before - or not noticed it that much. Thanks!!
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2015, 06:18 PM

As Marcellus said to Horatio "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark".

Page 24 of 34 « First < 14 22 23 24 25 26 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top