Join for free
Page 24 of 35 « First < 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 > Last »
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2012, 12:17 AM

Re: Teeth

Thanks Dabby.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2012, 07:04 AM

Mollie darlin' - if you can't gargle with salt water - all the major supermarkets sell (own brand) mouth wash - I use it daily to rinse my mouth out following some of the medication I have to take. Its a more gentle way of rinsing your mouth and shouldn't make you gag.

Good photo of you and Gordon - nice to be able to put a face to a name.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2012, 08:59 AM

You could also use TCP as a rinse too. But like Uncle Joe, I use a mouthwash a couple of times a day, for no other reason than to freshen my mouth up.

But a salt rinse is best. Salt is a great antiseptic and a great healer, although I have the same gag reflex to it.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2012, 11:30 PM

salt is what I use if I have a problem
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2012, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Mollie darlin' - if you can't gargle with salt water - all the major supermarkets sell (own brand) mouth wash - I use it daily to rinse my mouth out following some of the medication I have to take. Its a more gentle way of rinsing your mouth and shouldn't make you gag.

Good photo of you and Gordon - nice to be able to put a face to a name.
Thank you, albeit an old photo. There's another photo earlier on in this thread, on Page 1.

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
You could also use TCP as a rinse too. But like Uncle Joe, I use a mouthwash a couple of times a day, for no other reason than to freshen my mouth up.

But a salt rinse is best. Salt is a great antiseptic and a great healer, although I have the same gag reflex to it.
I do use a mouth wash as well, and I haven't had to take many pain killers today, so I'm getting there.

I was going to have next week off work but unfortunately it's not convenient as we're busy so, what I'm going to do, is have the week off commencing Monday 18 June because that's when my next (horrific) appointment is.

I've been keeping pretty quiet about my dental procedures at work, but they all know now, and they're all very sympathetic and supportive, telling me of their own tales. One of the guys said that he'd wondered why I didn't smile or speak with my mouth open, and he was really great.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2012, 01:10 AM

Sorry but I have never known any one to make such a great fuss about dental treatment. No one likes to visit the dentist, no matter what the treatment. Get over it molly.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

31-05-2012, 01:28 AM

I've been half expecting a comment like that from you, despite your previous so-called supportive comments, but why reply in a topic that you've no interest in?

It matters not a jot to me what you think because you don't know me, but at least others on here have the good grace to at the very least in their own way help me through what for me is a very bad experience.
mesco m
manchester

31-05-2012, 09:04 AM

The reason I made the comment is. You seem to think it's fine to pooh pooh the feelings of others who have a great fear of their pets dying and yet expect others to support you through your fear.
You seem to think it alright to ride rough shod over the feelings of others but get upset when the boot is on the other foot.
I was genuine in my support until you showed how little you cared about the feelings of others.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2012, 02:56 PM

I think your verry Brave Mollie for going through this
I have had big troubles with dentists and do not trust them
so to have all your teeth out is not a reg dental problem
I have met Mollie while over in the Uk and known her for years on other forums shes a lovley lady
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

12-06-2012, 04:05 AM

The reason I made the comment is. You seem to think it's fine to pooh pooh the feelings of others who have a great fear of their pets dying and yet expect others to support you through your fear.
You seem to think it alright to ride rough shod over the feelings of others but get upset when the boot is on the other foot.
I was genuine in my support until you showed how little you cared about the feelings of others.

You mistake me for somebody else. I have always made known my feelings to anyone and everyone who has pets that have been dying or who have died, and many on this forum will bear witness to that.

How bloody dare you! It's not me who does this, it was Willow in another topic, so get your facts right! I have never in my life rode rough-shod over the feelings of others and I never will. I have great empathy for anyone who has lost a pet because I have lost them myself, one just recently, and I know how devastating that is.

I would never, ever, make light of anyone losing a pet because I know how devastating that is, so don't mix me up with somebody else.

Losing a pet can be a very traumatic experience and I lost my 15 year old cat Casey in January, and I still miss him very much, very much indeed, so don't you dare say I don't care about folk who have lost their pets, DON'T YOU BLOODY WELL DARE! Quote here one comment I pooh-pooh'd anything I said about the loss of a pet.

Page 24 of 35 « First < 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top