Join for free
Page 24 of 34 « First < 14 22 23 24 25 26 > Last »
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 09:42 PM

Re: Does the internet facilitate unpleasant behaviour?

I used to retaliate at certain posts by one member who really did like to wind folk up but I soon found it was done to make them appear to be the victim and the innocent poster was often deemed to be at fault.

It's game playing and thankfully we don't come across it too often but when it happens it's as plain as the nose on your face!
Agent
north east
Agent is male  Agent has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
Yes, Agent, that appears to be true in some cases. Let's just hope they take up bowling or bridge and disappear off into the sunset
I would hope so but not going to happen I'm afraid.. Human nature being what it is. (sometimes)
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2015, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I used to retaliate at certain posts by one member who really did like to wind folk up but I soon found it was done to make them appear to be the victim and the innocent poster was often deemed to be at fault.It's game playing and thankfully we don't come across it too often but when it happens it's as plain as the nose on your face!
Very observant post Honey
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2015, 08:32 AM

Not sure about unpleasant behaviour, but the Internet has certainly given Pseudointellectuals a voice.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2015, 09:02 AM

Some threads start off as discussions and end up becoming a process of possibly bad-tempered point scoring. This would never happen if talking face to face with the associated eye contact and body language that helps to qualify and convey what one says.

In the past, I've been drawn into this myself and gone to sleep and woken up with forum arguments running in my head. I'm sure this is not a good way to be so only post a fraction of what I once did.

Parties at odds with each other rarely change their opinions anyway. No point in bashing away at it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2015, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Not sure about unpleasant behaviour, but the Internet has certainly given Pseudointellectuals a voice.
...do you know any personally Paul
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2015, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
Some threads start off as discussions and end up becoming a process of possibly bad-tempered point scoring. This would never happen if talking face to face with the associated eye contact and body language that helps to qualify and convey what one says.

In the past, I've been drawn into this myself and gone to sleep and woken up with forum arguments running in my head. I'm sure this is not a good way to be so only post a fraction of what I once did.

Parties at odds with each other rarely change their opinions anyway. No point in bashing away at it.

Another good point
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

05-01-2015, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Ooo what does that mean Spittie
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2015, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Ooo what does that mean Spittie
Someone who knows a lot about a board game ..Oh no, that's a Cluedointellectual isn't it.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2015, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
...do you know any personally Paul
Yes, I have someone in mind.

Page 24 of 34 « First < 14 22 23 24 25 26 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top