Join for free
Page 24 of 30 « First < 14 22 23 24 25 26 > Last »
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 01:01 PM

Re: A Smart Car Saga

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
No judgement...just told you exactly what bad taste your joke was in. “ it wasn’t funny”
How is that not a judgement?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
Talking of smart cars..I bought a new car last week…when I drive it it chirps at me..I don’t know why..I must look at the manual ..I did give it a cursory glance..12 pages on how to adjust the seats …

Look under the bonnet instead Vlad, you've probably got a budgie trapped somewhere.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Look under the bonnet instead Vlad, you've probably got a budgie trapped somewhere.
Saw an episode of Judge Rinder a couple of months back (oh what a varied life I lead) in which someone was commissioned to bring someone's cat back in their van from abroad to the UK. Naturally, the cat escaped and got under the bonnet somehow.

Note - the cat did escape into a village somewhere, in France the driver couldn't find it, so the owner flew over and wandered the streets and miraculously the cat turned up. Happy ending and the owner was trying to sue the driver for the costs of her trip to find the cat and a refund for the contract. Think she won.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
How is that not a judgement?
Out of curiosity, did you find it funny?
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by DianneWoollie ->
Can do without all this stormy teacup stuff...
I think petty squabbling is what you mean.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

02-07-2021, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Out of curiosity, did you find it funny?
Well it wasn't side splitting, but I recognised it as a joke. I didn't see anything objectionable or offensive in it. If we get to the point where one daren't tell a joke about stubbing one's toe just in case someone with a stubbed toe sees it, I think that would be pretty grim.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 02:13 PM

I think petty squabbling is what you mean.
you can think what you like Harbal but to say what you mean and quote it at me is ridiculous,,you have not got inside my head and nobody can...
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 02:18 PM

Well it wasn't side splitting, but I recognised it as a joke. I didn't see anything objectionable or offensive in it. If we get to the point where one daren't tell a joke about stubbing one's toe just in case someone with a stubbed toe sees it, I think that would be pretty grim.
I feel exactly like that.. I have been on life support a while back and there is no way I would take offence at walking dead jokes of anything that is meant as a joke.of course it is better not to say some stuff.but at times we all do....there are lines not to cross of course,,
Harbal
South Yorkshire

02-07-2021, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by DianneWoollie ->
you can think what you like Harbal but to say what you mean and quote it at me is ridiculous,,you have not got inside my head and nobody can...
I didn't say it was what you meant; only what I thought you meant. I was, in fact, telling you what was in my head, not yours.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France

02-07-2021, 02:19 PM

I didn't say it was what you meant; only what I thought you meant. I was, in fact, telling you what was in my head, not yours.
ok Harbal I except my mistake. sorry about that..grovelling now

Page 24 of 30 « First < 14 22 23 24 25 26 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top