Join for free
Page 24 of 26 « First < 14 22 23 24 25 26 >
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2016, 12:41 PM

Re: Racism

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Great post Mick
Agreed, great post.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2016, 06:00 PM

I agree too great post Mick
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2016, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Great post Mick
I agree.

tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2016, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
Everyone is "racist" to some degree. It is simple human nature to be wary of difference. As people realise that similarities are greater than differences, their wariness begins to fade. Just look at the changes over the past 60 years or so. My gran and grandad's generation had been brought up in the pomp of empire and regarded non-whites (and non-English whites) as at best strange and exotic and at worst inferior beings. My dad came across and worked with lots of black, asian and chinese sailors during his war service in the Navy and this familiarity made him much less racist than my mum who had had a relatively black-free existence back in blighty. By the time the (relatively) large scale black and Asian immigration of the 1960s and 70s started my parent's attitude ranged from a kind of patronising regard for african-carribbean people who they saw as more like "us" and a generalised dislike for Asians (Wogs) who had their own culture and weren't really trusted. My own kids have grown up with black and asian friends and rarely "see" ethnicity. None of this means that my grandparents' generation were "evil scum and the lowest of the low" - it just means they were products of their time.
Fast forward to 2016 where the huge and unprecedented numbers of immigrants both from within and without the EU are creating enormous social changes in our towns and cities. I would be shocked and surprised if there hadn't been a backlash regarding this situation. The electorate have never been asked if they want the current level of immigration which is impacting the poorest most (as we are constantly told by apologists for immigration, the economy [by which they mean the rich] benefits from immigration). What I find really annoying is the patronising crap from the luvvie left who define a genuine concern about levels of immigration as "racism." Being opposed to unlimited immigration is not racist and is not the same as hating immigrants.
People in the past were scum if they used derogatory names to refer to people of other races, there was no more excuse then than there is now!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2016, 02:46 PM

My daughter went to work in a remote place in Ghana for one month and she suffered racism there. It can go both ways!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2016, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
My daughter went to work in a remote place in Ghana for one month and she suffered racism there. It can go both ways!
Definitely.
A Jamaican mate always says 'Racism always runs deeper than colour' and 'it's a two way street'
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2016, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
There is no excuse for being nasty to a person purely because they are of a different race, black or white.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2016, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
There is no excuse for being nasty to a person purely because they are of a different race, black or white.
Couldn't agree more....you should have a proper reason to be nasty to anyone, colour or race has nothing to do with it !
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2016, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Couldn't agree more....you should have a proper reason to be nasty to anyone, colour or race has nothing to do with it !

How right you are ... lol

MickB for PM ?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2016, 09:56 AM

This fast growing Trade Union would not be necessary if it was not for the institutional racism that exists in every organisation in this country and is on the increase. http://www.uvwunion.org.uk/about/

Page 24 of 26 « First < 14 22 23 24 25 26 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top