Join for free
Page 25 of 129 « First < 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 125 > Last »
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2014, 07:49 PM

Re: Over 50s Club Manchester/Cheshire

Good evening ladies, thanks for asking how our day was on Thursday, Anita. I set off on 11.00am train, out all day, almost twelve hours...so quite a lot to drink. Most enjoyable day with friends, and we also gained two strangers who were a good laugh. Hope you are healing that bit more as each day arrives Carol.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2014, 08:26 PM

Hello everyone I've had a lovely day in Liverpool and the weather was just perfect
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2014, 10:49 PM

Aw thanks for your kind words venus.
I am so envious of you all having days out. I am usually so active and now all I can do is sit.

20 more days till the plaster comes off and counting. I've got a lot to look forward to once I'm walking again - not least my meet in Manchester with you all...
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2014, 11:07 PM

I know what you mean Carol ... I was the same for about two years before I had both hips replaced .... then restricted for about 6 months after the replacements (done 3 months apart) so now I try to get out and about as much as possible

I'm looking forward to our meet up too
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2014, 08:49 AM

Good morning to my club friends.

Hearing you speak of your hip replacement Myrtle makes me think how limited your life must have been before.
I know you love dancing - did you have to give it up? It must have been awful for you. I'm so pleased your replacement operation was a success. A new lease of life eh?

I know you're making the most of it - Good for you gal.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk

10-08-2014, 10:03 AM

Good morning ladies ... it's raining stair rods here so I'm glad I had my day out yesterday

Yes, Carol, I had to give everything up but because of the pain I was in that was the least of my worries

Enjoy your pub lunch and I hope everyone else has something nice to look forward to .... I haven't
Sabrena
greater/manchester
Sabrena is female  Sabrena has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2014, 10:24 AM

Good morning all pouring down here Anita thank you for asking had a nice day with my sister yesterday 2 day my son has booked Sunday lunch at a nice Restaurant for my sister an I been thinking when you come 2 Manchester a very excellent restaurant is at the Britannia hotel its at the side of the bus station and the big wheel is a facing that it is 3 course meal excellent value £6.50
dine there a lot you will be able 2 look it up on the net see for your self Britannia hotel Portland street Manchester this is only a suggestion still lots of other kind of eating places keep well be back later enjot your day
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk

10-08-2014, 10:26 AM

Hi Sabrena ... well the Britannia sounds good to me so it's got one vote up to now
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2014, 09:59 PM

Good evening, myrtle didn't know you have had 2 hip replacements, I used to work in a hospital that did mostly joint replacements years ago, that was in Greater Manchester. Have you heard of Wrightington Hospital near Wigan?
Anyway hope your have had your life transformed through the op's.
I cooked a small lamb joint today with new potatoes, carrot and celeriac mash and green beans.
My daughter had a lovely time at her friends wedding, they packed the tent up in the pouring rain this morning and have had to put in in their loft to dry. The weather was good for the wedding yesterday though.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk

10-08-2014, 10:24 PM

Mmmmm .... your lunch sounds delicious Anita

Yes I've heard of Wrightington .... my hips were replaced (first) one at BUPA Alexandra Hospital (under the NHS I must add ) and the second one at Stepping Hill Hospital (step in ill come out dead ) - it has/had a bad reputation for MRSA and then for the case in the news about the saline drips being tampered with by a member of staff which killed a few people !

Both these hospitals are in Stockport.

So glad your daughter enjoyed the wedding and survived the camping

Page 25 of 129 « First < 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 125 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top