Join for free
Page 25 of 79 « First < 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2020, 01:00 PM

Re: Murder by Police - George Floyd

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Your posts have moved on from a black guy being murdered, to hate for Donald Trump, hate for wealthy people and support for violence and civil disobedience.

If you read my earlier post, you would see I'm not only far from being "blinkered", I'm absolutely spot on in my opinion.

I suggest you read it.
Bread I introduced the comment re Trump .
It was just a comment which I thought was relevant to the subject which has moved on .
This man Derick Chauvin who murdered George Floyd has sparked all this .
Gangs of opportunists are devastating the US .
This is what comes of some terrible act it snowballs into something else .
Trump has to do something making remarks re shooting people is really not helpful because innocent people always get caught up in these things .
It’s not about hate for Trump it’s about how a leader handles a situation like this .
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2020, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
There were four officers there .
They are complicit
Personally I think you're right but once a thing gets into a court room ---

As I said, last from me on this. We've had some Blue Mountain coffee sent to us and NOTHING will disturb me from that!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2020, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Technically one now ex-police officer is accused of #3rd. Degree murder. Not the POLICE (implying that the whole police service were complicit with the death) but ONE person.

No doubt the question of Joint Enterprise / Common Purpose will arise but that will be a can of worms to prove if it does.

They were all involved..the police officers who surrounded the black guy...they did nothing while the other police officer was slowly suffocating him....they are all accountable....we are talking a death here.....a loved one....someone has “died”
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2020, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
They were all involved..the police officers who surrounded the black guy...they did nothing while the other police officer was slowly suffocating him....they are all accountable....we are talking a death here.....a loved one....someone has “died”

Yes. Yesterday it was announced that the State of Minnesota and the State Attorney General will be doing an in depth investigation of the entire Minneapolis Police Force. They will be looking not only at the record of every officer, but also all of the "Rules and Regulations" which govern the officers. Moreover, they will be examining how it came about that Derek Chauvin was able to keep his job even though he had 17 cases of brutality charged against him.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2020, 03:42 PM

Huge gathering in Hyde Park .
In the light of the corona virus not wise at all .
But
Let’s hope they are social distancing and being in the main young people they Don’t spark a wave of the virus in London .

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art....html#comments
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2020, 04:39 PM

That is worrying, Muddy.
Why start trouble here, we didn't cause all this?

Of course the American cops have got to defend themselves at such times, but looking at our Police in your link - no masks, no guns, no shields, no protective this that and the other, it makes you wonder if sometimes all the guns, clubs and and brutality only inflames some situations?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

03-06-2020, 06:38 PM

I think you are right Mups .
The American police seem to draw their guns at a drop of a hat but I don’t know maybe I am too old for this world .
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2020, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
UPDATE

The other 3 cops have been charged with "aiding and abetting murder" by kneeling on Mr Floyds back and legs and by not intervening, when Chauvin killed Mr. Floyd.

The primary suspect, Derek Chauvin, has had the charges elevated to 2nd degree murder. The primary definition of 2nd degree murder is that there is a "distinct possibility" that death would result.
In other words, Derek Chauvin knew, or bloody well should have known, that death was likely.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2020, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
UPDATE

The other 3 cops have been charged with "aiding and abetting murder" by kneeling on Mr Floyds back and legs and by not intervening, when Chauvin killed Mr. Floyd.

The primary suspect, Derek Chauvin, has had the charges elevated to 2nd degree murder. The primary definition of 2nd degree murder is that there is a "distinct possibility" that death would result.
In other words, Derek Chauvin knew, or bloody well should have known, that death was likely.

I would agree with that, Bakerman.
He had worked in the police force long enough to know that.
Bet he's filling his pants now.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2020, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
UPDATE

It's clear from the shocking video footage that he meant to cause him great harm so the intent is there for all to see. Chauvin deserves the full force of the law.

Page 25 of 79 « First < 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top