Join for free
Page 25 of 35 « First < 15 23 24 25 26 27 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 08:41 AM

Re: Misled Over Brexit ? Certainly Looks That way !

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I thought we were no longer subject to the ECJ.
If this proves to be the case, it just goes to confirm my repeated assertion that Boris achieved us nothing more than BRINO.

The EU are pulling the strings in a country not in the EU.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 10:49 AM

I thought we were no longer subject to the ECJ.
If this proves to be the case, it just goes to confirm my repeated assertion that Boris achieved us nothing more than BRINO.
Well spotted.
We are indeed now outside the EU and beyond ECJ jurisdiction.

Here is why it is not BRINO : these problems relate to the period when we were an EU member.

You might not like that but it is nonetheless true.
It is no different to the fact that you too could in theory be prosecuted for historical acts, even though circumstances have changed - many years ago, possibly.
Just as you could in theory see legal action come from a former employer, so too can a former member of the EU see legal actions against them for historic acts.
That is a two-way street BTW.

The UK has a few options, not least of which is that any financial burden imposed could in fact be ignored - although that might have repecussions.
Just "might".

It would also have to be seen though that whatever fine is imposed should be both fair and proportional.
There's no way could the ECJ insist upon a huge fine for the UK when the other parties are given smaller fines or possibly not fined at all without seeing legitimate objection from the UK.

Before there's any tearing out of hair by the usual suspects, let's see the outcome and not just a media-inspired moan; let's see what is proposed for Germany, France, Italy, Romania and Hungary too before we see the beating of chests and howls of derision.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The EU are pulling the strings in a country not in the EU.
Nominally not in the EU.
I don't believe we ever really left!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 11:34 AM

Nominally not in the EU.
I don't believe we ever really left!
We are outside the ECJ thats true, but its not stopping Brussels pulling the strings of puppet Johnson.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 11:59 AM

We are outside the ECJ thats true, but its not stopping Brussels pulling the strings of puppet Johnson.
I'd like to think that we are no longer subject to ECJ rulings, but the EU seem to think differently.

I can't make up my mind whether they really believe their threats or if they're just trying it on.

The thing that persuades me to believe the former is that whenever they say 'jump', Boris seems to ask 'how high'...
like the extension of the deal whilst they still claim to be translating the writing!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 12:13 PM

Surely not untill EU ratifies the Christmas agreement?
And if they do ratify it, we are bound to the 5•5 year extension to
the CFP???
Hence my call to activate the get out free clause
Meanwhile they have Boris's signature !!

Donkeyman! 👎🤔👎
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

05-03-2021, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Surely not untill EU ratifies the Christmas agreement?
And if they do ratify it, we are bound to the 5•5 year extension to
the CFP???
Hence my call to activate the get out free clause
Meanwhile they have Boris's signature !!

Donkeyman! 👎🤔👎
We are out of the ECJ completely regardless of what is in the Christmas deal.

The Christmas deal however, sells out our fisheries for the next 5.5 years and after that the majority of fishing quotas return to the UK. However, the species quotas for fish that we eat still favour the EU massively, so we get 60% of the crap and the EU get 40% of everything thats of value.

If the EU don't sign the Christmas deal then it means we will continue to honour it while the EU do whatever they want. If we do what we want, the EU will accuse us of breaking international law and winding up the remainers who quite frankly want the UK punished just as much as the EU does. Its a political nightmare.

So if we tear the crap deal up now, we take control of everything and stop the stupid nonesense thats breaking international and domestic law in Northern Ireland and we take 100% control back of everything.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 01:49 PM

It isn't breaking international law.
As for domestic law, that has yet to be decided by our courts but as we can see that you've already pronounced judgement perhaps we could just do away with the expensive legal option?
Before you listen to media trash and perpetuate their myths you might like to check just what "international law" you or indeed anyone else thinks has been broken, and provide evidence of this supposed law?

' “These are temporary easements and it’s perfectly common practice whilst deals are being implemented to have temporary easements in place,” Truss told Sky News on Friday.'
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...KBN2AX0ZZ?il=0

'“What they’re only interested in is protecting their bloc, they’re not interested, as they claim to be, in protecting the Belfast agreement,” Arlene Foster told BBC radio on Friday.

“If they were, they would not be taking the action that they’re taking a present.”
'
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...KBN2AX0TP?il=0
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

05-03-2021, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
It isn't breaking international law.
As for domestic law, that has yet to be decided by our courts but as we can see that you've already pronounced judgement perhaps we could just do away with the expensive legal option?
Before you listen to media trash and perpetuate their myths you might like to check just what "international law" you or indeed anyone else thinks has been broken, and provide evidence of this supposed law?

' “These are temporary easements and it’s perfectly common practice whilst deals are being implemented to have temporary easements in place,” Truss told Sky News on Friday.'
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...KBN2AX0ZZ?il=0

'“What they’re only interested in is protecting their bloc, they’re not interested, as they claim to be, in protecting the Belfast agreement,” Arlene Foster told BBC radio on Friday.

“If they were, they would not be taking the action that they’re taking a present.”
'
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...KBN2AX0TP?il=0

I pointed this out weeks ago.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

05-03-2021, 02:44 PM

Another commonsense push against farcical EU requirements has been reported just in the past hour:

"Northern Ireland has remained a part of the EU's single market for goods which includes following EU plant health rules.

This has meant that soil from other parts of the UK cannot legally enter NI, causing difficulties for garden centres.

The government is now temporarily relaxing that rule.

It means that bulbs or vegetables that have been grown in soil can be sent from GB to NI with soil attached."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-56294309

Page 25 of 35 « First < 15 23 24 25 26 27 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top