Join for free
Page 26 of 29 « First < 16 24 25 26 27 28 > Last »
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2019, 09:15 PM

Re: Benefits of EU membership?

Interesting.....

https://youtu.be/nfk0FSa9MR4
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2019, 09:16 PM

Yep have to agree. Certainly won't be buying BMW, Merc, Audi and the like. If the EU kid wants to have a tantrum then it has to be treated for the child it is. Leave it wailing and crying in its cot. Soon enough the other member states will have had their fill too !
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2019, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Furthermore, post brexit the UK wants to abolish many EU directives, e.g. stating the country of origin. Consumers won't know from where they are buying.
lol you do like to make crap up!

Consumers will ALWAYS vote with their feet so to speak.

Remove their choices and information by ceasing to state country of origin and they will simply ignore such goods and go to local producers be they farm shops, dairies and/or local veg growers. All the better really.

It's supply and demand matey boy. If producers want to try and hoodwink consumers by not faithfully reporting country of origin and otehr key info then they will quickly find themselves with no business, simple as.

Rock on BrExit !
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2019, 10:01 PM

The people back in June 2016 were quite pro Europe but anti EU .... today and I think many thoughts on Europeans have changed , certainly after brexit and the water has settled I imagine then shoppers will vote with their purse
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2019, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
The people back in June 2016 were quite pro Europe but anti EU .... today and I think many thoughts on Europeans have changed , certainly after brexit and the water has settled I imagine then shoppers will vote with their purse
Shouldn't be a problem. Your government has promised to continue paying all gifts and subsidies that previously the EU made to organisations in the UK. At least for another two years. And since the UK is going to do so well after brexit, they will be able to continue the support to oxfam, universities, farmers etc etc.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

06-02-2019, 11:27 PM

Still here banging your head against a wall Solasch?! Go figure !

Lets review

You already know and concede that Leavers are resolved to Leave the EU and will not be swayed otherwise

You already know that all the Project Fear nonsense you post isn't going to sway Leavers one iota

Yet here you remain constantly posting the rhetoric

Do you even know yourself why you're here?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Still here banging your head against a wall Solasch?! Go figure !

Lets review

You already know and concede that Leavers are resolved to Leave the EU and will not be swayed otherwise

You already know that all the Project Fear nonsense you post isn't going to sway Leavers one iota

Yet here you remain constantly posting the rhetoric

Do you even know yourself why you're here?
It's like watching a boring movie with third rate actors. You know the end but you watched for so long, you want to see the final scenes. Sitting this one out.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 12:32 AM

I buy whatever I fancy but already find myself trying to avoid ‘stuff’ on the shelves from the Eu and will continue to do so , I certainly would never consider buying Irish dairy products ever again .
Like you, I buy what I want.

The one thing I do refuse to buy, and have done for years, are French products.

They are not only our traditional enemy, but have recently been doing all they can to thwart our intention to leave the EU.

I wouldn't trust the Frogs as far as I could spit.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)

07-02-2019, 06:29 AM

And also — this is not much mentioned, though it is very serious — there will be a legacy of bitterness between the United Kingdom and Europe that will blight our continent and weaken an already troubled West.
So which it is to be? The stakes could hardly be higher. An amicable divorce that is not destructive, or a messy break-up which would leave a lot of wreckage behind. There are only 50 days left . . .

Ignore the EU's insults - we're on the verge of a deal

https://mol.im/a/6676629
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

07-02-2019, 12:59 PM

The people back in June 2016 were quite pro Europe but anti EU .... today and I think many thoughts on Europeans have changed
In all honesty I love Europe and the native citizens of each European countries. I will NOT refer to them as Europeans for that term is derogatory and simply designed to instill in the minds of ordinary folk the notion that Nationality doesn't matter which is of course BS. Nationality is important but the EU are trying to abolish the concept and effectively "neuter" everyone to become "nothing people" all living under the umbrella of being "European". They can **** right off !

I love the Spanish, their passion, their cuisine and values.

I love the Italians with their fantastic cuisine, heritage and traditions.

Most people love them all and in particular their diverse cultures and histories and traditions and values.

The EU attempts to neuter this rich tapestry of peoples in order to build their totalitarian empire is shameful and imho should be tossed aside.

Let the Spanish remain Spanish, the Italians remain Italian, the British remain British. Our cultures and traditions make us who we are.

The EU is a spent force. An idealist model that like so many things has just sold itself out to globalism, power and greed. We want no further part in it.

We love the countries of Europe

We have no time for the cesspit EU

Page 26 of 29 « First < 16 24 25 26 27 28 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top