Join for free
Page 277 of 1676 « First < 177 227 267 275 276 277 278 279 287 327 377 777 1277 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 03:30 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Gumbud, please would you pass on my good wishes to RJ and let him know we are thinking of him. We miss his presence and wit here and hope he will be able to look in here when he is able.
Thank you
will do Mags
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 07:43 AM

Yes, where is Robert, I hope there is no RJ-Bargy going on.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 12:09 PM

I’m delighted to hear he’s OK and thanks for the information Gummy. I miss him very much.

I’d be grateful if you could pass on this little message.

“Sorry to hear of your setback RJ but you’ll be back good as new in no time, you are an inspiration to us all with your fine writings, stories, and general good humour, you haven’t a bad word to say about anyone and that’s a virtue in itself, see you soon young fella”
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 03:05 PM

will do!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2017, 06:59 AM

Are the Scribbles still Leisurely? Were they ever a breath of fresh air in a Smog, should have listened to the "Foggy Duo".
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2017, 11:46 AM

Yes still leisurely Spitty, all about anything and everything except politics.
Here’s a bit of true local gossip to chew on in the meantime Oh the folly of middle aged men, what happens to them when they hit 50? It’s like a second puberty to some of them, thank God I’m well past that now.

I think it’s sad really, but then I have to ask meself who’s fault is it, the randy old husband or the forever bossy wife, being constantly nagged can drive a man to anything.
Oliver and June, not their real names, as you know I never use real names, folks have a right to be protected no matter how stupid they behave, have been married for over 35 years now, both in their mid fifties and looked upon locally as the ideal match. Just like that Disney couple in the film “The Lady and the Tramp” they call each other “Darling and Dear”, Darling for her and Dear for him.
Dear has his own accountancy business and Darling designs and makes dresses, they have no children, they are not very popular in the area, considered to be snobbish and a bit stuck up, I get on fairly well with Dear, probably because he likes horse racing same as me, but Darling is the real boss and she does everything by the book, if she knew he had the odd flutter there would be skin and hair flying.
Unfortunately they waited too long before they “felt financially secure to bring a child into this horrible world and give it a sound education and a stable home life” Darlings own words. “Kids? I hate the little brats” Dears words to me one night when he was a bit tipsy.
Anyway to make a fat story thin, Dear had been spending more time that usual lately working late on his “books” and yes your right, he was having it off with his new secretary twenty years his junior.
He decided to bare all (not literally) to us old lads in the pub the other night and introduced Violet to the company, and what a fine thing Violet is too, he may be a fat boring accountant but he knows a prime figure when he sees it. They have set themselves up in a flat in town, God only knows how long it will last, flats in town don’t come cheap, still as long as his few bob holds out, but I wouldn’t hold me breath after Darling gets her solicitors on the job, that’s when reality takes over and louvre goes out the window.
I wish the both of them well, and me heart bleeds for Darling left on the shelf at her age, not to mention the mutterings of the local gossip mongers, they’re all having a field day so the missus tells me, buts that’s life for you.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

24-07-2017, 11:54 AM

Dear sounds a bit like an "Automonairian" to me.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

24-07-2017, 11:58 AM

Anyway, Darling should have been more aware, Dear spending more time working in Accountancy? Only a fool wouldn't suspect something was "going on" between the "Spreadsheets".
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

24-07-2017, 12:19 PM

and didn't he Excel!!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

24-07-2017, 09:41 PM

Yerwoman Miranda on the TV last night goes into a shop and shouts “I want a bikini wax everybody!”
I didn’t get it, but then I’m a bit stupid when it comes to women’s wear, why would anybody want to wax a bikini?
She is a huge woman that Miranda, I’m sure if she wanted a bikini wax she would have to go to Madame Tussauds, and they would have to melt down Hannibal’s Elephant to do the job.
She has a very commanding presence on stage and is very talented, but those big women frighten the life outta me. I had a big fat cousin called Betty, she used to whack us kids when we wouldn’t join in her stupid girls games, I used to think how terrifying she’d be when she was fully grown up, maybe that’s why they frighten me to this day.
There used to be a big girl like Miranda on our street years ago, Horsey they used to call her, and she was as strong as a horse too, she used to bully all the other kids and was not afraid to take on the boys in a fight either, she went on to be a screwess in the main female prison here, who knows she could have been a man trapped in a woman’s body as they say now, that seems to solve all them behavioural problems in a nutshell these days.
By the way, I analysed me own problems and came to the conclusion that I’m an idiot trapped in a very intelligent body

Page 277 of 1676 « First < 177 227 267 275 276 277 278 279 287 327 377 777 1277 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top