Join for free
Page 28 of 79 « First < 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2020, 12:07 PM

Re: Murder by Police - George Floyd

Well I believe that the USA is, or is very near to, disintegrating. There's just too much difference between the republicans and the democrats, not just politically but at the grass roots.

America as the nation that resulted from the federation of states United into a single great nation is gone and has been replaced by "tribes" with very little in common but kept largely short of outright conflict by police forces. That is now collapsing.

I remember how the USSR collapsed. I think that very very few folk believed it could happen let alone believe that it would happen - but it did. What has emerged is a VERY different thing comprising of a much reduced number of largely independent states in a genuine federation of oblasts (which in Russian translates better into a sorta largely independent region/state)

Although the cause of the collapse of the USSR was somewhat different from the stresses within the "U"SA the root cause was that the people at the grass roots level just got pissed off with it and the military police forces lost their mojo because so many of them became pissed off with it too.

A change in head honcho in the USSR was the final straw when Gorbachev became president and set aside the smokescreen of government with his introduction of glasnost (openness and transparency of what was happening) with perestroika (restructioning of how central government had been working) and away it all went!

Is a similar path what the now failing USA going to follow? In my opinion that or something very close but it's not going to carry on the way it has been for much longer however although the USSR collapse was virtually bloodless I very much doubt that will be the case when the USA soon breaks apart.

And break apart it surely will.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2020, 12:26 PM

if you think that's bad, look at the level of heresy in Melbourne.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...ple-no-selfies
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2020, 10:06 PM

Martin Gugino, the 75 yr old protester who was shoved to the ground by Buffalo police, remains in serious but stable condition on Saturday. In a video seen around the world, Mr Gugino is shown lying motionless and bleeding profusely from the head.

The 2 police who shoved Mr Gugino have been suspended without pay and also have been charged with 2nd degree felony assault.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2020, 10:09 PM

I am totally horrified at the way things have gone .
Today In the UK rioters threw a bicycle at a police horse and in the US another police horse had its nose broken by a brick .
I feel sick .
The world has gone insane .
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2020, 10:27 PM

Muddy, chaos was always a possibility, when all the shops closed.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2020, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I am totally horrified at the way things have gone .
Today In the UK rioters threw a bicycle at a police horse and in the US another police horse had its nose broken by a brick .
I feel sick .
The world has gone insane .
What you are seeing is the result of a wound that has been festering for a very, very long time. The people are fed up with police brutality and are now saying, "We will not take it any longer. No justice, no peace".
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2020, 10:34 PM

This is anarchy .
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2020, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
What you are seeing is the result of a wound that has been festering for a very, very long time. The people are fed up with police brutality and are now saying, "We will not take it any longer. No justice, no peace".
bakerman, a lot of folks are willing to hand over the application of justice to folks housed in penal institutions, having committed a crime themselves, is this not a strange take on things?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

06-06-2020, 10:50 PM

I understood, before you can Magistrate, you need a CRB (or a DBS) Check, what a mockery.
bakerman
Mexico

06-06-2020, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
This is anarchy .
Revolutions are a messy business. Expect things to get worse before they get better.

The purpose of a civil resister is to get the government to react. In this case, the police are not doing the government any favors by brutalizing peaceful protesters. THAT only is inflaming the issue. Moreover, when police are filmed brutalizing people, they are showing their true selves.

Violent looters and arsonists are another matter. Those people are not any part of the solution and must be handled as criminals.

Page 28 of 79 « First < 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top