Join for free
Page 287 of 391 « First < 187 237 277 285 286 287 288 289 297 337 387 > Last »
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2014, 07:13 PM

Re: Today I have .........

Wow Jazz, well done, I'm impressed
The best I've done is make bubble and squeak with leftovers
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2014, 07:17 PM

I haven't done a lot today, but I did look up the definition of 'obtuse' and learned something. I always thought there was an element of volition in being obtuse, but apparently not!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2014, 09:43 PM

Oh it wasn't a big deal! The recordings were going on while I was doing the inventory. I just had to keep an eye on the running time of each one.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2014, 07:55 PM

Today we had my son and his family over for dinner, his mother had promised him she would cook a Christmas dinner for them when they got back from Italy so she prepared it all over again, isn't a mother's love a blessing. They enjoyed it and never stopped thanking her, she was delighted with herself, made her day to see them tucking into it.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2014, 08:11 PM

Shes a trouper your Phyllis .....
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2014, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Today we had my son and his family over for dinner, his mother had promised him she would cook a Christmas dinner for them when they got back from Italy so she prepared it all over again, isn't a mother's love a blessing. They enjoyed it and never stopped thanking her, she was delighted with herself, made her day to see them tucking into it.

If I come over to Dublin some time Jim matey, will your Phyllis do the same for me please????
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2014, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
If I come over to Dublin some time Jim matey, will your Phyllis do the same for me please????
No better woman Geoff, nothing gives her more pleasure than watching a man enjoying his food, my Granny was the same, she loved the men in the house eating all the food she had skillfully prepared for them, then when they started the compliments she would blush like a child, loved cooking she did, bless her dear soul, not many of those women left today.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2014, 01:43 PM

My daughter is a bit like that, feeding her man......and child now. She's amazing, no idea where she gets it from, certainly not her mama!!
She has Irish ancestry so that might account for it
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2014, 03:48 PM

Today I nipped back up to the hospital to do a new sample. Just as well, as the previous one, given in to GP on Christmas Eve has simply vanished!!

Back home I've contacted another care home for convalescent, down on the Sussex coast. They have availability, and if I need the lower level of care, I could do two weeks for the price of one in the nearby BUPA one! I just need to speak to my dear friend tonight to see if he would be willing (at a price) to drive me down there.

The lady who answered said it's very rare for people to have the higher end care. I ain't telling you where it is in case you all rush down there and fill up the beds! LOL!!!

Oh, and I've online cancelled one of BT's services. Blimming cheek, putting up our bills because of the money they've spent on the sport! Got rid of 1571 answering but do still want caller display. Could get it free but would need a new 12 month contract. Don't want to get involved with that malarkey if I'm serious about moving.

Must dash, other things to do (must check my To Do list). Toodle oo!
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2014, 05:00 PM

Well the power went off in the small hours of this morning during another storm. Still off half and hour ago so decided to ring the electric company to find out when it would be back on. They said there was no fault at their end, but just as I hung up the power came on again. Coincidence or not? And a very nice man has just called to say that there was a fuse gone on a pole across the road but they have now fixed it.

Several roads closed here today due to the sheer volume of rocks and boulders that have been swept up by the sea. This can be scary stuff. Just hope we never get a tsunami coming up the bay as I'd be done for!

Page 287 of 391 « First < 187 237 277 285 286 287 288 289 297 337 387 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top