Join for free
Page 29 of 49 « First < 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 > Last »
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2015, 05:44 PM

Re: Over 50's Wales club (Part 4)

Lovely cushion Sue, I could never embroider although my mum and sister could do it. Had my nails done today and then did some housework and food shopping.
Jac
Wales UK
Jac is female  Jac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2015, 12:18 PM

Sad about the dog waiting for your friend Rhosyn xx
Lovely sunshine here although breezy.
KoD , Sally has been posting on FB, sounds as if she is doing well after op
No plans today , granddaughter just phoned from Oz, always good to hear from her
Keeper of Dreams
West Wales
Keeper of Dreams is female  Keeper of Dreams has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2015, 01:28 PM

Good Afternoon and delighted to say the sunshine is still treating us!!

However none too happy about all the straw that seems to land in our garden from those passing tractors and lorries!!

At least you are not alone Jess........anything with a needle does not agree with me!!
My foster mother was great at crocheting,her bedspreads are truly mouth watering......a great heirloom.

Whilst yes Jac you can never keep our Sally down for long!She is a real joy.This has been a nasty fall though...............but one she will face with that same smile.

Enjoyed "Grand Designs" last evening,first in the new series although so far over the top as properties go!
I love all house programmes from relocation,refurbishing,escaping! and building...............I am like a kiddie in a sweet shop......with my nose against the window!!

Wishing you all a lovely peaceful day..........ideal in Gower and our coastline with visitors thoroughly lapping up the sun.
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2015, 09:36 PM

Jac its always good to hear from family abroad. k o d I could never crochet but I loved knitting and only occasionally pick up knitting now a days.
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2015, 12:14 AM

Lovely day. Daughter and carers taking Michael out so decided to go too, even though it was supposed to be a catch up day for me. Too nice to stay home and work. Salisbury was beautiful and I did get a nice lunch, a new dress and a huge bouquet of flowers out of it, so glad I went.

I am very handy KoD with most things.I used to knit, crotchet and sew very complex things. Never learnt tapestry, which I really admire.

Unfortunately tyres of Michaels wheelchair are foam filled internally. Sometimes air bubbles form internally, during manufacture, which causes the effect that was happening to Michaels chair. They seemed OK.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2015, 05:34 AM

hello everybody
not been around much lately,a few probs.
well its silly o.clock,still dark out,looks like summers gone for this year,glad to see theres still a few of you about,spose most have gone to facebook.
hope u all have a good day,catch yer later
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2015, 08:13 AM

Ello doctorHope your problems are less by now.
Lovely morning here.Going to take my car for a wash and to have the inside cleaned,boy does it need it!Cost £10 worth every penny.
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2015, 09:15 AM

Gosh, wish I could get my car done all over and inside for £10 - mine needs it too, but I'm afraid I shall have to get the Marigolds on and Henry out!!

Early bird this morning. Son & DIL have gone to fetch combine so the little boys arrived here at 7 am, ready for school but unbreakfasted. I made so much porridge that Jamie and I were totally stuffed and still there was some left over! Taking Robbie out for lunch today and then last minute preparations for the quiz (though I think I've thought of everything!).

Glad you enjoyed your day out Celyn - you did well out of it.

We'll have to have an "online tutorial" for tapestry - I think it's easier than anything else to do
Keeper of Dreams
West Wales
Keeper of Dreams is female  Keeper of Dreams has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2015, 11:06 AM

`Morning to you all................a little undecided this morning with the weekend weather looking less hopeful.

A shame because we have this large sporting event held in and around Tenby.........the triathlon called Ironman Wales............where some 45 nations compete ............the winner here then goes to the final in Hawaii.
It is now in its 4th year I think and highly popular........ bringing in very much late welcome summer trade.

Nice to meet you Doc........I for one do not subscribe to F/B.......liking to keep things nearer to home!!

A treat hearing that both you and Michael got a treat out Celyn,Salsbury in the sunshine must have been glorious.........whilst it seems you ended up with even more treats..........can`t be at all bad!

I wish I had taken the time and patience to pick up crocheting Jess......only when you are much older you realise these things ..........whilst that one completed tapestry was a one off Celyn........the friend that urged me on was a wizard and her home was surrounded by her many works of art.
Believe me Sue if I could master it then it cannot be that difficult!!

Do I take it you live on a farm ??? Only this week we have been complaining about the amount of farmer`s straw in our front garden!!
Having been brought up on a farm I should be ashamed of myself!

When I see shining cars I shall look closer because I can guess it will either be you Rhosyn......... or perhaps Sue behind the wheel!!

Ours is very lucky to get the odd wash and brush up..........at home.......it has never visited the car wash....and I suspect it never will.......we are more interested in that it gets us safely from point A to B!!

Have yourselves a pleasant Friday..............doesn`t the time fly??
Jac
Wales UK
Jac is female  Jac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2015, 11:51 AM

Hello Doc, nice to see you again
Real wintry day here and looks full of rain . I've got a few bits on the line blowing so hope it keeps away til they dry
I'm not any good at craft , used to knit etc when the kids were young but suppose I had to then .
Just picked a few tiny tomatoes from my balcony pot . They haven't done very well at all this year
My car is filthy inside and out but don't use it much these days so forget all about it once I get indoors . Never have been fussy about it , Its due an MOT next month so maybe I'll treat it to a clean as well lol

Page 29 of 49 « First < 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top