doncaster england
ozrics is male 

24-04-2013, 01:01 PM

Re: Margret Thatcher

spot on joe
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2013, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by ozrics ->
oh back again steelworkers also stopped school milkthatcher the milk snatcher more soon
This woman Thatcher sounds like a lot of Northerners I know. Those from Manchester hate people from Liverpool and vice versa. Yorkshire hate Lancashire and vice versa. People up here all seem to dislike the Scots unless they are here spending money. A great many Scots hate the English, I have heard a northerner say that if you see a Geordie in a suit he is the accused (going to court) The wicked jokes people tell about the Welsh for instance the zany sheep jokes.

Re the milk if my memory serves me right lots of kids hated milk, in the summer it was too warm and in the winter it was too cold. We had really good school meals that a lot of us didn't have to pay for so no grumbles there then.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2013, 01:05 PM

And here we go again, you lads with your hatreds. I bet you don't even buy French bread or German sausages do you?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2013, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
And here we go again, you lads with your hatreds. I bet you don't even buy French bread or German sausages do you?

As a matter of fact Cate darlin' - because of the rise in (privatised) fuel and water companies bills, no - I can't afford to do so anymore.
ozrics
New Member!
doncaster england
ozrics is male 

24-04-2013, 01:09 PM

oh theres always a grumble
and your right bar the milk not in our school
but she wasn,t liked in a lot of towns citys and villiages in the north
when the miners where on strike a lot of the north came together in times of poverty
a lot you say is banter
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

24-04-2013, 01:13 PM

Glad to meet you Ozrics, you will find that I am well known for my silly banter but through it all sometimes you may find a grain of truth.
I have listened to Uncle Joe spout loud and long of his hatred, I think at one point he was going to dance on the ladies grave. It got so heated that I decided to be buried at sea. (Daft thing to say really, cos they don't actually bury you they just chuck you in)
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2013, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by ozrics ->
oh theres always a grumble
and your right bar the milk not in our school
but she wasn,t liked in a lot of towns citys and villiages in the north
when the miners where on strike a lot of the north came together in times of poverty
a lot you say is banter

Its Ok matey, although a 'southerner' I too was at Saltley Coke Depot with 'Arthur' and his 'flying pickets', as I was also at Cheltenham when the 'wicked witch of the west' tried to ban Trade Unions altogether from GCHQ, as I was also at Wapping, as I was also taking part in the Poll Tax demonstrations etc, etc.
ozrics
New Member!
doncaster england
ozrics is male 

24-04-2013, 01:16 PM

nice too meet you cookie
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

24-04-2013, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
Glad to meet you Ozrics, you will find that I am well known for my silly banter but through it all sometimes you may find a grain of truth.
I have listened to Uncle Joe spout loud and long of his hatred, I think at one point he was going to dance on the ladies grave. It got so heated that I decided to be buried at sea. (Daft thing to say really, cos they don't actually bury you they just chuck you in)

Cate darlin' - that is what I told Antibrown when he objected to my triumphalism and said he would dance on my grave. I even invited him to do so, having told him my ashes would be buried at sea.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2013, 01:37 PM

The mention of milk reminded me of the waste at our school, pupils refusing to drink it there was more poured away than drunk.

Wasn't it introduced as a way to nourish poor children ? So by the time it was got rid of most were able to buy their own I imagine.

Page 29 of 33 « First < 19 27 28 29 30 31 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top