Join for free
Page 29 of 40 « First < 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2014, 06:47 AM

Re: Trolls

Sounds like a scarecrow ta me
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2014, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
it's a bit like fishing, you can buy the best bait, present it in the best possible fashion, you blend into the background showing no silhouette against the horizon, and maintain absolute silence, but if there ain't no fish in the swim, you won't catch one, similarly, sections of this thread, it seems were intended to entice a fictitious or extinct Troll, if there ain't one, it can't be entrapped. Of course there is a possibility there could be a Wolf in Sheep's clothing, an inverted Troll, if so, on this site, Imo, it is a lazy arse.
Cut out the fishing talk it is putting adverts on my pc for fishing now, May Fly fishing on the River Frome, yes Paradise but who is big brother watching to such a detailed extent?
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2014, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
People are responsible for putting names & labels on everything & everybody including the tag, trolls.

Why are good members letting nasty people rent so much space
in their heads or on this forum, such as creating a thread about them & going on & on? Me included, its human nature I guess.

I've decided now to put the whole thread on ignore. If a big argument begins brewing & gets exciting, someone please PM me
Brilliant, what on earth are the rest of them moaning on about. You make me laugh
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2014, 11:47 AM

Getting back to inverted trolls, I wonder if there are any "Converted Trolls", Trolls who "Saw the Light" so to speak, and regretted the error of their ways, then came back preaching religion in every post. I have seen this in real life with fellas who give up the drink and go religion mad, telling everyone else to pack it in and turn to God, they then become an even worse nuisance then they were before. Just a thought.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2014, 02:27 PM

Are fish trolls?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2014, 02:39 PM

Mod edit: Please note off topic posts have been deleted
dukeofearl
south coast uk

30-06-2014, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Mod edit: Please note off topic posts have been deleted
I thought trolling was a way of fishing. I have had many a good Troll.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2014, 04:43 PM

Does this humble Aussie newbie DARE query a GLOBAL Mod with16,000 posts and 8000+ Profile visits ?

I just wonder how far those off-topic posts had wandered, how many of them there were and whether it was really essential that they go ?

In any normal discussion we often go off on tangents - and those are frequently more interesting than the original subject.
One can always return to the Sacred Topic at will.

Now I'm all curious about the pearls of wisdom I may have missed. lol
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2014, 04:52 PM

Hopefully "on topic" though ......
I reckon there are trolls and there are trolls.
(I guess my post above could be so defined by some.)

Sometimes, particularly if there is a general consensus about some subject, any person expressing an alternate view is tagged a troll.
Seen it happen more than once !

AND - a 'devil's advocate' CAN be a very good thing.
Makes people THINK.

Regardless of what they SAY, most people actually like a bit of blood on the walls.
Often, the most interesting and active threads are those where opposing passionate views are robustly expressed and defended.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2014, 06:28 PM

I'd like something cleared up that I'm not sure of. Are trolls supposedly nasty people who lurk in the background, ready to start trouble? I've always assumed that's what they are. If so, then I've never understood the concept of that. What kick can someone get out of it?

Page 29 of 40 « First < 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top