Join for free
Page 29 of 66 « First < 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 11:16 AM

Re: Not going too well for Brexit!!!

Hi

They are not queuing up, even the existing ones we have Trade Deals with the EU are not all happy.

Some have made Formal Complaints to the WTO.

There was no need for this, just the arrogant stupidity of Liam Fox who told them what they were having.

Never a good move.

We will get Trade Deals, everybody wants them, whether we can negotiate good ones is a different matter.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Every country on the planet??????? obviously your not on it.

Perhaps you could suggest which countries are queuing up to do free trade deals with us, other than the 77 countries we already trade with, as nobody else of your tribe seems to be able to.

I have asked this question of jbr, sg and now yourself without any response, not surprising as it is again just rhetoric. If they exist, PROVE IT.
Perhaps you can disprove it? After all, you are the one who seems to be upset about it!
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Good, we're both happy then.

I have been misled by no-one, although remoaners such as yourself try your best to do so!

Good point. We can hide behind you from both Russia and China, just as you have hidden behind us from your enemies in the past. That sounds all very fair.
JBR you obviously have strong views which is fair enough and I supprt your right to hold them. However your posts often resort to jingoism which does you no favours. Brexit is about our futures, stick to that. We can agree to disagree without resorting to this sort of stuff.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I see absolutely no reason why foreign students coming here for an education should stop, even if the EU should attempt to prevent their own nationals from coming here.

Anyway, our best universities are well populated by Americans, and the EU can do nothing about them!
Our universities have a lot more Indian, Chinese and Nigerian students than American, so how are they well populated by them?
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
I'm not disappointed, in fact, it's what I expect from the british. Your attitude of "damn the guns, full speed ahead" is what I admire so much in the british people. It's that attitude that in the long run will bring you back in the economic race.
What saddens me, because you don't deserve it, is that you have been so misled by your leaders into fooling the chose for leaving the EU.
You are right in stating that you will work yourselves back. By the time you have catched up french and germans will have achieved their dream. Europe will be united against china (which at present already owns significant amounts of england) and russia and can compete with them. The UK will be marginalised in that economic race for growth. You really deserved better.
Solasch, I agree with much you say. Please don’t be put off with some of the jingoism on here, we’re not all like that. The Dutch are welcome in Scotland anytime.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by weedeek ->
JBR you obviously have strong views which is fair enough and I supprt your right to hold them. However your posts often resort to jingoism which does you no favours. Brexit is about our futures, stick to that. We can agree to disagree without resorting to this sort of stuff.
You too are perfectly entitled to your views and if you'd like to suggest that I am being 'jingoist', that matters not to me.

I shall continue to state my views on here within the bounds of the forum rules.

Stating the fact that western European countries have relied on our support in the past is historically accurate. If you don't like that, then it is your problem not mine. You can't deny history.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Strangely enough itsme, Just this morning reading how Japan's Prime Minister would welcome a trade deal with Brexit Britain with open arms - as long as Britain quits the Customs Union and wins power to set its own tariffs.

Hopefully, as long as TM doesn't betray us, Japan will be the first of many who will want to do Trade deals with the UK. After all, we WERE Great Britain before we ever got sucked into the EU monolith, and we will still be Great after we leave.
Japan recently agreed a trade deal with the EU. So if the negotiations are sensible we could benefit from that without having to lift a finger.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 01:33 PM

I take it no-one wants to form a circle,hold hands...and sing in harmony?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
I take it no-one wants to form a circle,hold hands...and sing in harmony?
Kumbayah?
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 01:51 PM

SEE? [that's foreign,that is,Annie...eek!]

Page 29 of 66 « First < 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top